This is the announcement you've been waiting for, so let's just cut to the chase:
The Permanent Account sale starts Thursday, June 21st.
That's right, for only $150 you can get LiveJournal for life. Check out the benefits:
- All the cool features offered to Paid Accounts
- 10GB of storage, the most that we offer
- No ads in your journal or LJ (as long as you're logged in, of course)
- The highest limit of userpics available – right now it's 138 and it's always increasing
- Never worry about making another payment!
We announced way back in early May that the sale was coming, so hopefully you saved up and are ready to jump on it!
This time, we're doing things a little differently:
- Rather than lasting just 24 hours, this time the sale is going to last an entire week!
- If you buy during the first 36 hours of the sale, we'll donate $25 of your purchase price among four organizations: RAINN, Witness, the EFF and Creative Commons. And if you want your donation to go to just one of the organizations you can instruct us to do that too. Read more about the donation in barakb25's post in lj_biz.
- If you can't buy during the first 36 hours, don't worry. You have until June 28, 2007 to purchase a Permanent Account (but you’ll miss your chance to join in on the donation to these great organizations). After that, who knows when Permanent Accounts will go on sale again? It could be another two years!
So, spread the word! Be sure to let your friends know that the Permanent Account sale starts this week. The best time to buy is in the first 36 hours when we'll donate $25 of your purchase price to some great causes.
We'll make an announcement here in news when the sale starts, along with some more details about transferring your extra Paid account time and userpics. You can still sign up to be notified via email when it's time to buy. Keep an eye on the Gift Shop to buy your Permanent Account as soon as they go on sale!