theljstaff (theljstaff) wrote in news,

Australian flood relief

We want to thank you for your feedback regarding spam. Please know that we're doing our best to come up with more powerful spam-fighting tools. You can help with the heavy lifting by reporting spam comments and reporting spam entries in the communities you maintain. Speaking of lifting, Frank has been struggling to bulk up for winter. He's having a tough time staying motivated. Tell him about your exercise triumphs and foibles (be sure to include an appropriate userpic), and he'll send you a pair of dumbells to keep you pumped (up through the first ten pages of comments).

Australian flood relief

In response to your requests, we're pleased to offer a charitable vgift to aid flood relief efforts in Australia. We hope you'll show your support by sending this vgift to friends. One hundred percent of proceeds will be donated to the Australian Red Cross (we'll cover the processing fees). We thank you for helping us make a difference.

Did you know ...?

This week, we'd like to give you some handy tips on how to add and manage friends on LiveJournal. When you find someone you'd like to add to your Friends list, you can click the 'Add Friend' button on their Profile page. Once a user has been added to your Friends list, this button will change to 'Modify Friend,' giving you quick access to several settings:

  • You can set a private Note for this user (or update an existing note).
  • You can add this user to one or more of your custom friends groups.
  • You can select colors to be associated with this user on your Friends page if your journal style supports it.
  • You can remove the user from your Friends list by clicking the 'Remove' button.

If you're looking for new friends on LiveJournal, write a comment below and tell us a little about your interests (i.e., The Big Bang Theory, vegan ice cream, and dastardly villains) and the kind of users you'd like to meet (i.e., must hate haters and love cats), and start expanding your social horizons. Be sure to come back and read through comments to search for new friends!

Photos of the week

Congrats to vitvet, who won our 51st lj_photophile poll! Click here to help choose the next photo of the week. We're still hoping to get more entries on our themed contest on the subject of Internet. FYI: We pick entries for the polls based on a combination of comments, +1 ratings, and staff input. Winners of both polls receive 500 LJ tokens. We thank you for sharing your talent with the global LiveJournal community.

Thanks, again, for joining us. We'll see you next week!
Tags: australian flood relief, charitable vgift, did you know?, lj_photophile

← Ctrl← Alt
Next
Ctrl →Alt →
Previous