Header design contest, Weekly vgift, Weekly contests, Did you know?

This week we've got contests galore! We start things off with our recovering gamer, Frank. Two weeks of intensive board gaming (and platter after platter of denim tamales) was just what the doctor ordered. Now that he's had his fun, he's ready to take on scholarly pursuits. Suggest a really fun summer class for Frank to join (a matching userpic is a wonderful addition) and he'll send you his favorite study aid, a hypnotoad (up through the first 10 pages of comments)!

Header design contest

The last days of May bring with them the finalist poll for our June header contest. Fifteen finalists have emerged from our rigorous review process. We invite you to vote for the design you'd like to see on the top of LiveJournal during the month of June. We'll begin accepting entries for the next header design contest next week. All submissions that came in after the deadline will be automatically entered into the next contest. We thank you, again, for making LiveJournal your canvas!

Did you know?

We all dance to the beat of our own drummer. Sometimes that beat has an irresistible rhythm and infectious grooves. Whether you like to 'Rock the Casbah' or peer out from behind your 'Poker Face,' music is a fun and creative way to add your personal touch to a LiveJournal post. When posting, add your current music by typing it into the Music: text box provided below the body of your post. If you signed up for a Last.fm account and installed the Last.fm widget for your music application, you can also autofill that field from Last.fm scrobbler information. You'll need to enter your Last.fm username under Contact Info on your Edit Profile page for the name of the currently played song on your computer to autofill the Music text box.

For more fun with photos, LJ_Scribe, and Frank & Meme, we'll catch you under the cut!

Photo of the week

Congrats to vidtinku_sirogo, who won our 67th lj_photophile contest!
Click here to help choose the next photo of the week. FYI: We pick entries for the poll based on a combination of comments, +1 ratings, and staff input. The winner receives 500 LJ tokens. We thank you for sharing your talent with the global LiveJournal community.

Welcome back, dear scribes!

Congratulations to bombardiette, ada_hoffmann, and jim_lonsdale! who won prompt #13 of our LJ_Scribe contest! We've selected 10 finalists in response to our 14th prompt for your review. In addition to the joy of sharing your well-turned phrases, the authors with the most votes will each win 1,000 LJ Tokens. Finalists will receive 500 LJ Tokens (a limit of one award per user). For our next contest, please respond to the following in any form you choose (no more than 250 words, excluding the prompt): transportation. Your submission should include a vehicle of any type. You do not need to include the prompt in your writing. Be sure to post your submissions as entries, rather than comments, to lj_scribe up through Tuesday, May 31st, at 4PM, PDT. You'll find the +1 rating link under each post, so remember to check back and vote for your favorites!

The continuing adventures of Frank and Meme

Congratulations to descocoparadox, whose entry -- #14 -- was voted the next official chapter in the Frank and Meme saga. You may now start posting entries for the next contest in frankandmeme. The winning author will be awarded 1,000 LJ Tokens. Other participating writers will receive 500 LJ Tokens. On behalf of our quarreling darlings, we thank you for keeping the drama alive!

Thanks for stopping by. See you next week!
Tags: did you know?, frank & meme, header contest, lj_photophile, lj_scribe, photo of the week, vgifts