Update on Release 88

Thank you for your continued feedback about our latest release.  Today, we have some small updates to share with you:
  • A patch has been released that should address a few of the major bugs with expanding comments, as well as other Ajax features. This should help with some of the functionality issues some of you have been experiencing.
  • All users now have the ability to edit their comments. While it's not a replacement for the 'preview' button, it allows you to correct mistakes when commenting. For more information on editing comments, see our FAQ.
Again, thank you for all of your feedback.  We have already compiled a list of of issues that have been reported and are currently being worked on, which you can see in this post at lj_releases.  If you encounter additional bugs, please contact support.  We appreciate your patience as we work to improve our new commenting system.

- The LiveJournal Team

Tags: release 88

No more expanding children?
Not the way our society's obsession with fatty foods is going :/

reservoir

3 years ago

albijuli

3 years ago

larastone

3 years ago

ugh.
hgu-hgu.

Please restore comment titles!

ffutures

December 22 2011, 22:28:18 UTC 3 years ago Edited:  December 22 2011, 22:30:09 UTC

Thanks for listening - But PLEASE restore the ability to add titles to comments in the default style.
this!

lady_noremon

3 years ago

why is it so fucking hard to just give everyone back the preview button? jesus tap dancing christ.
Driveby Kara love.

crazybreedaisy

3 years ago

forceiswithyou

3 years ago

ccroquette

3 years ago

This doesn't change the fact that this sucks. Just so you know.

bloodybrilliant

3 years ago

natsukaze

3 years ago

contradictz

3 years ago

All users now have the ability to edit their comments

I might as well stop paying for my account
yep.

kittykat1979

3 years ago

baal_ammon

December 22 2011, 22:29:54 UTC 3 years ago Edited:  December 22 2011, 22:32:26 UTC

I guess that's the least you could do.

Typhon

baal_ammon

3 years ago

xcarex

3 years ago

backpedal harder plz
THIS!

lysanatt

3 years ago

amber_protocol

3 years ago

its still wont work via my phone....

Deleted comment

xfattyxl

3 years ago

Deleted comment

xfattyxl

3 years ago

Deleted comment

xfattyxl

3 years ago

Please adress the issue of auto-payments being turned on for some users without permission, because that's frankly mind-boggling.

http://news.livejournal.com/140511.html?thread=98346463#t98346463
It actually is not possible for us to enable payments for any account, or to re-enable automatic payments if someone has turned off the plan. We do not store the full credit card information and authorization in a way that can do that here at LJ at all -- all financial transactions are processed at the time they occur through our secure credit processor. Which means that a person must be actively enrolled in the plan in order for that authorization to exist. Once it's turned off (or if you've never been in it), we simply don't have the information necessary to put through a charge.

If anyone has any questions about their automatic payments in any way, though, they should absolutely contact our Billing department directly, who can provide a detailed response for any account holder.

radiantsoul

3 years ago

an_lagat_glas

3 years ago

citymusings

3 years ago

an_lagat_glas

3 years ago

citymusings

3 years ago

technicolornina

3 years ago

citymusings

3 years ago

hebitaka

3 years ago

draegonhawke

3 years ago

bree

3 years ago

flyboy_fox

December 22 2011, 22:31:14 UTC 3 years ago Edited:  December 22 2011, 22:31:54 UTC

Or... you could just roll it back to how it was before when it was absolutely fine.

Just sayin'.

Edit: Also, why does my icon choice not save unless I edit?
+1

ladymercury_10

3 years ago

everyone editing comments is great.

now you just need to undo every other awful thing you did to comments and we'll be good to go.
THIS totally. Seriously, was ANYBODY complaining about how comments worked before? No? Then WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY???

surreal_44

3 years ago

kittyknighton

3 years ago

surreal_44

3 years ago

kittyknighton

3 years ago

surreal_44

3 years ago

kittyknighton

3 years ago

historychick49

3 years ago

kittyknighton

3 years ago

channonyarrow

3 years ago

kittyknighton

3 years ago

No matter what LJ, I'll always remain faithful 'cuz you are the best! Seriously!
STFU troll

playgirl

3 years ago

agentronster468

3 years ago

peculiaritea

3 years ago

surreal_44

3 years ago

peculiaritea

3 years ago

surreal_44

3 years ago

laguera25

3 years ago

teasingfool

3 years ago

surreal_44

3 years ago

laguera25

3 years ago

_lethe_

3 years ago

technicolornina

3 years ago

jane_doe_

3 years ago

elder_goddess

3 years ago

playgirl

3 years ago

peculiaritea

3 years ago

playgirl

3 years ago

claudine

3 years ago

It took this many years to make a feature that should have been available from the get-go to everyone happen... and only because you just won't return the preview option?

Some people don't want to have to repeatedly edit their comments, you know. LJ, get your shit together.
Some comm's don't allow repeated edits on their comments, or ya know, you get BANNED from them.

glowing_dragon

3 years ago

oohasparklie

3 years ago

vulpisfoxfire

3 years ago

hoshiko_2000

3 years ago

filbypott

3 years ago

uglybusiness

3 years ago

channonyarrow

3 years ago

Roll. Back. 88. Can't. Make. This. Simpler.

(Thanks for the communication/information, though.)

42variables

3 years ago

lafinjack

3 years ago

silmaril

3 years ago

anjak_j

3 years ago

wow this is sure to make everyone feel better, sigh.

doesn't make the rest of the changes less hideous.

OMG MY BABE, WE MEET AGAIN.

cresselia

3 years ago

ragdoll

December 22 2011, 22:32:51 UTC 3 years ago Edited:  December 22 2011, 22:33:27 UTC

And yet there are still no subject lines for comments and no text dropdown menu for icons. I have over 300 icons and having to wait for them all to load before I find the one I want is insanity. The search box on the bottom doesn't even help because when I put in the title of the icon correctly, the right one(s) still don't come up!

Also editing comments is nice, but having a preview with a spellcheck is a lot more efficient!
If you look at the lj_releases post linked, you'll see that they're aware of those issues. Code does not appear out of thin air when you wish for it: it actually requires time and manpower. That's why it's "still" not there.

surreal_44

3 years ago

chaobell

3 years ago

anotherdream

3 years ago

hebitaka

3 years ago

anotherdream

3 years ago

slayedaking

3 years ago

msilverstar

3 years ago

anotherdream

3 years ago

ragdoll

3 years ago

taleya

3 years ago

msilverstar

3 years ago

vulpisfoxfire

3 years ago

mini_dean

3 years ago

ragdoll

3 years ago

mini_dean

3 years ago

ragdoll

3 years ago

triggerhappy

3 years ago

mini_dean

3 years ago

triggerhappy

3 years ago

mysterycross

December 22 2011, 22:32:55 UTC 3 years ago Edited:  December 22 2011, 22:38:07 UTC

Well that's... better.

You guys got a long way to go if you want to re-earn our respect, though.
It's quite obvious to me that there won't be any rollbacks anytime soon, like we've been demanding, but it's nice to know that you're at least sort of attempting to get back in our good graces.

celarania

December 22 2011, 23:01:00 UTC 3 years ago Edited:  December 22 2011, 23:01:23 UTC

This is pretty much my thought too. I'm really glad for the ability to edit comments (that always seemed like a basic site function to me), but I just wish it wasn't a bandage for a far bigger issue.

editing this comment just for fun
Not good enough. The ONLY good parts about the change were the insert photo/insert video/insert link buttons, which, frankly, I REALLY don't need. If I know how to copy a link to put it any of those buttons, I know how to insert it into a comment very nearly as easily.

PLEASE roll back to the previous version. I am already moving over to Dreamwidth, but you might still have a few customers who haven't left.
c u there sis!

mhoulden

December 22 2011, 22:33:07 UTC 3 years ago Edited:  December 22 2011, 22:33:25 UTC

OK, so what is wrong with the old system that made you want to change it, apart from marketing?

Also, can you take some sort of action to DDOS attacks knocking LJ offline completely whenever there's some kind of political grumbling in Russia? This might involve moving the non-Cyrillic journals to a different server or something similar, but it is getting silly now.
ty for ruining christmas
damn scrooges
lmao

tranches

3 years ago

fuck you livejournal, fuck you.
I couldn't have said it better myself.

lucce

3 years ago

falenandawn

December 22 2011, 22:33:23 UTC 3 years ago Edited:  December 22 2011, 22:33:37 UTC

1. Igrick. He still should deliver an apology for his attitude towards users and insults to portions of the user base.

2. Autopay is being turned on at random. When people have been turning it off in protest it looks really bad. LiveJournal is still a united states company, and it is still a crime to do so.
1. And he should do it from the Job Centre.

falenandawn

3 years ago

slayedaking

3 years ago