LIVEJOURNAL RELEASE 92: NEW SITE UPDATES AND MORE

May 23, 2012 - The official LiveJournal Release 92 has been deployed. Here’s what you’ll find in this latest site update:

NEW
  • Particularly long comment threads now collapse with the alert “...and [#] more comments.” Just click on that alert to see the rest of the comments. Here’s what this looks like:

  • Notification emails now hide any content that was already placed inside an lj-cut instead of displaying the entire entry.

  • Social Capital is now displayed for all communities on the profile page.

  • You can now embed the Spotify player into your journal or community style.

  • Personal userheads are now available for purchase. A personal userhead is of your own design and is unique to you, unavailable to anyone else. Purchase as many personal userheads as you like; each costs 5,000 LJ FunBux™, and is good for five years. Learn more.

BUGS, FIXED
  • Scheduled entries should no longer return errors or double-post.

  • Domain mapping should no longer force redirection to the LiveJournal login page.

  • The format=light URL modifier works on entry pages again.

  • Comment notification emails will send even if the entry has a poll.

  • The "Music" section on the edit entries page will let you delete the entire text field.

  • The help link next to “Do not add to friends pages and RSS” on the update page now links to the correct FAQ.

  • The list of journals and communities added by default for new users has changed to news and lj_releases for non-Cyrillic users.

  • Missing navigation items in the Classic journal style have re-appeared.

  • Notifications about expiring add-ons will now have correct subject lines.

  • The bold/italic/strikethrough buttons in the site default commenting scheme should no longer cause cursor positioning problems in Chrome.

  • The Calendar feature will now update properly when you edit an entry and change its date.

PLANNED PARENTHOOD: HELP WITH A VGIFT!
Join us in standing up for reproductive health and education. Through the end of the month, you can send a specially designed Planned Parenthood vgift to your LiveJournal friends to help support this cause. (And if you need someone to send it to frank is always happy to receive gifts!). There are three variations for you to choose from ($1, $5 and $10), but they’d all look good on your profile. Thank you for your support! Learn more.

- The LiveJournal Team

outoftime

May 23 2012, 07:48:56 UTC 5 years ago Edited:  May 23 2012, 07:49:38 UTC

Not in love with the changes.

Oh but yay to the comment notification on poll posts though.
____________AgeLessHookUp.С○М______________

Call me sougar. Hot and sexy beautiful rich woman. I joined a nice place for hot and sexy beautiful rich woman with big booty, seeking for sugar babies! Wanna to talk with you here or face-to-face chat and even more!

____________AgeLessHookUp.С○М______________

okay

May 23 2012, 07:49:13 UTC 5 years ago Edited:  May 23 2012, 07:59:20 UTC

It's nearly 1 am... What makes a thread "particularly long"? Also, is that $50 for a userhead??

Ignore the pokemon

alyssa_hilary

May 23 2012, 10:51:18 UTC 5 years ago Edited:  May 23 2012, 10:52:24 UTC

No I think it's $5 a userhead.

nvm saw a few comments down and it's def. $50 a userhead. wtf.

totheleft

5 years ago

alyssa_hilary

5 years ago

totheleft

5 years ago

sarahcb1208

5 years ago

alyssa_hilary

5 years ago

kayleechats

3 years ago

kethryvis

5 years ago

viewing this on my flist, the text is stretched out and I can't see all of it. format fail?
kudos though, on the planned parenthood thing, a great cause!

Deleted comment

carmy_w

5 years ago

Waht are you going to do about how often the site goes down?
A M E N !

hoggle2807

5 years ago

quirkytizzy

5 years ago

rhiannon_666

5 years ago

Huh, interesting.

So, when's the social capital thing coming for individual users? And is this getting rolled out slowly for different communities or are some not currently eligible? (I've got a couple where it doesn't show up and I'm curious to see it.)

I like the idea of personal userheads, a bit pricey for me, but neat idea.
Technically all users already have social capital, it's just not displayed unless you're using Cyrillic services. I imagine it'll be displayed for everyone inside a couple months.

osocky

5 years ago

greenlady2

5 years ago

Have the broken polls in flexible squares been fixed yet? :)

Also, I would still really, REALLY love an explanation on why comment subject headers were taken away. I stil don't understand why we can't have them on the default comment page :(
I had to edit the css (and upload a custom css file) in order to get the polls to appear properly in my journal.

dark_puck

5 years ago

$50 for a userhead that isn't even permanent?! What.
yeah considering how a regular userhead is only $2 for a whole year, paying 25x the price for 5x the time isn't even worth it, no matter how special it'd be.

sharks_teeth

5 years ago

cloex_brosluvr

May 23 2012, 08:01:21 UTC 5 years ago Edited:  May 23 2012, 08:04:13 UTC

Do you have broken ljcut or is something messed up again? You have (Read More) like an lj-cut but the rest is not behind the cut because it shows up on my flist anyway.

ETA: see?
I don't understand why you can't make these thread/entry shortening tools opt-in. Not everyone wants everything snipped ffs.

arethinn

5 years ago

wednesday42

5 years ago

Make all this shit opt-in. I don't want social capital ratings on my comms or collapsed threads anywhere. Do you never learn?

Any news on the subject/preview/old-lay-out page? No, I didn't think so. Rather give people crap they don't want.
Make all this shit opt-in.
I don't want social capital ratings on my comms or collapsed threads anywhere.

Neither do I. I'd prefer if it was opt-in.

tarafishes

5 years ago

Y'know, a free userhead for permanent folks would be a nice touch.

Just sayin'.
they're already losing money on permanent accounts.. why would they randomly choose to lose $50? lol

tsgeisel

5 years ago

quirkytizzy

5 years ago

dr_phil_physics

5 years ago

eowyn

5 years ago

Now… that Social Capital sounds kinda useless to me…
Is there anyway to get the social capital for a user account - since the FAQ says the social capital is being calculated for all accounts?
If you're curious, turn on Cyrillic Services and have a look at your profile.

aviv_b

5 years ago

fiddlingfrog

5 years ago

aviv_b

5 years ago

quirkytizzy

5 years ago

If you're insisting on not sending us back to the comments we just made (again, by the way), can you please fucking bring back the preview function?

This collapsing comment threads thing could be nice but your implementation sucks as usual.
I will never not enjoy seeing you post on here with that icon.

And agreed.

soph

5 years ago

dawnnamira