First, Scrapbook is now available to Basic accounts! All Basic accounts can use all features of Scrapbook and can upload up to 1 GB of images.
Next, we have a redesigned version of the Update page that's now in public beta testing. There is a link on the Update page to "Switch to new version", and you can switch back and forth between the old and new versions while the redesign is being Beta tested. Once the Beta testing period is over, however, the option to switch will be removed. If you're having trouble finding this option, here's an image that highlights where the link is:
Some of the highlights of the redesigned page include:
- You can click the Full Screen button to hide the posting options and maximize the size of the main text area.
- The interface for selecting Tags has been redesigned and will sort your tags alphabetically.
- There is now a link to restore from an available draft. This link will appear on the right side above the Subject field, if there is a draft available. This image highlights where the restore link is:
- The HTML tab now includes many new buttons to easily insert the HTML for commonly used features.
- Selecting userpics for your entry now uses a visual interface with the ability to search for userpic keywords.
- The main text area will automatically expand to add new lines if you enter enough content to need additional space.
Please feel free to comment to this entry with any bugs you run into, or general feedback & suggestions you have about the redesigned update page.