theljstaff (theljstaff) wrote in news,

Friends Feed customization, new redesigned iPhone app

Hello, everyone!

We wanted to let you know we've just added a bunch of new customization options to the Friends Feed page. Full details are available in the latest lj-releases post.

A new fully redesigned version of the LiveJournal iPhone App has also been released. If you downloaded the redesigned version when it first appeared in the Apple store a few weeks ago, we've pushed another update which will fix many of the bugs which were present in the app, so we strongly advise updating to the newest version. Please note that this version of the LiveJournal app only works for phones running iOS 7.

New iPad, Android, and Windows Phone apps will also be released soon!

That's all for this week, have a great weekend!

← Ctrl← Alt
Next
Ctrl →Alt →

insulanova

August 29 2014, 19:08:05 UTC 1 month ago

We need the Windows Phone app, too.

theljstaff

August 29 2014, 19:52:25 UTC 1 month ago

This is being worked on too!

insulanova

1 month ago

annique5

1 month ago

zaven926

August 29 2014, 19:12:03 UTC 1 month ago

чё за куйня ?

firesign10

August 29 2014, 19:14:38 UTC 1 month ago

Hallelujah, The current version of the iPhone app is horrible. Looking forward to seeing the update.

placebetween

August 29 2014, 19:18:19 UTC 1 month ago

I have the latest iOS update, and I'm still seeing a ton of HTML when reading my friends feed, mostly in lieu of apostrophes: ' Is there a timeline for a fix on that?

ely_baby

August 29 2014, 19:23:56 UTC 1 month ago

Seconded about the HTML instead of apostrophes in the App.

Plus, where are my messages, comments and visitors Widgets on my Friends Page? And after I get a PM the little 1 on the envelope wouldn't go away even after I opened the messages!

fiddlingfrog

August 30 2014, 18:52:36 UTC 1 month ago

Messages and comments are currently broken, expected back next week: http://lj-releases.livejournal.com/89249.html?thread=11791009#t11791009

astronewt

1 month ago

ely_baby

1 month ago

ms_hecubus

August 29 2014, 19:26:51 UTC 1 month ago

I have the update and I'm also seeing html in the posts, making some completely unreadable.

lafinjack

August 29 2014, 23:53:02 UTC 1 month ago

That's just texture.

ms_hecubus

1 month ago

lafinjack

1 month ago

allinred

August 29 2014, 19:41:12 UTC 1 month ago

I like the improvements to the feed page. I'm tempted to move over, but I still prefer my friends page.

Are there any plans to put a "page summary" widget on the feed page? Something showing the title and comment count. It's the easiest way to keep up with active posts.

An rss widget would also be good.

lafinjack

August 29 2014, 23:54:13 UTC 1 month ago

If your friends page theme has a sidebar, you can add a page summery to it here, first section: http://www.livejournal.com/customize/options.bml?group=sidebars

allinred

1 month ago

lafinjack

1 month ago

snailbones

August 29 2014, 19:44:37 UTC 1 month ago

Just tried it, and sorry, it's still not working too well... and please the iPad app as soon as possible! Whatever the version is I have at the moment just crashes - it's completely useless, and driving me round the bend - you wouldn't want to be responsible for me tearing my hair out, now would you?

pronker

August 29 2014, 19:52:55 UTC 1 month ago

Good news :)

sergeyzag

August 29 2014, 20:01:40 UTC 1 month ago

Good news. Thanks.

theidolhands

August 29 2014, 20:07:30 UTC 1 month ago

comments show up for a second then disappear on the home page..
i tried logging in and out already

maria_gorynceva

August 30 2014, 06:17:41 UTC 1 month ago

Same with me.

But now it is a problem of many users. We were told to wait until next week.

astronewt

1 month ago

maria_gorynceva

4 weeks ago

homunculus

1 month ago

astronewt

1 month ago

homunculus

4 weeks ago

astronewt

1 month ago

theidolhands

4 weeks ago

anjumon

August 29 2014, 20:31:51 UTC 1 month ago

Glad to hear that you're working on a Windows phone app. :)

sandstorm

August 29 2014, 20:38:01 UTC 1 month ago

Can we not customize our Friend Feed in the...old version? (I forgot there were two options).

sashnik

August 29 2014, 20:44:09 UTC 1 month ago

stop fucking up the code!
you've done enough damage as it is.

lady_leia_solo

August 29 2014, 20:54:01 UTC 1 month ago

I'm glad to hear the apps are being worked on.

got_away

August 29 2014, 21:23:06 UTC 1 month ago

My comments and notifications keep disappearing on the main page.

azewewish

August 29 2014, 22:20:49 UTC 1 month ago

Same here for me.

fiddlingfrog

1 month ago

astronewt

1 month ago

azewewish

1 month ago

fiddlingfrog

1 month ago

astronewt

1 month ago

dabroots

August 29 2014, 21:28:37 UTC 1 month ago Edited:  August 29 2014, 21:29:16 UTC

I, too, am anxious for the Windows app to happen. LJ will not stay open for me, and getting there currently requires that I bring up the PC version and find the login buttons, which of course are really tiny on my phone. And to set it up on there also required me to maneuver past prompts appearing only in Russian. But you know about all these problems already, right?

lupislune

August 29 2014, 21:43:11 UTC 1 month ago

FEED, FRIENDS CUSTOMIZATION, ETC: WTF IS THIS SHIT! DO NOT FUCKING WANT!!!!!!

lafinjack

August 29 2014, 23:55:04 UTC 1 month ago

buzziecat

1 month ago

leafrider

August 29 2014, 21:46:42 UTC 1 month ago

Is there a plan to fix the browser compatibility?

I cannot see profiles - mine or anyone else's - in Firefox any more, only in Chrome. Firefox is my default browser and I plan to keep it that way. It would sure be nice to view LJ profiles again when using it.

fiddlingfrog

August 30 2014, 18:37:38 UTC 1 month ago

Which version of Firefox? I'm using Firefox 31 and can see profiles just fine.

leafrider

1 month ago

ninarj

August 29 2014, 22:51:23 UTC 1 month ago

Thank you for fixing the commenting bug. That was really frustrating.

casrin

August 29 2014, 23:12:47 UTC 1 month ago

Not liking the iPhone app at all. I don't want to read random stuff from random LJ people first; I want to read MY friends list. Why isn't that the default?

And the revised friends list/feed on the web? Horrible. I hope these are opt-in only.

ms_hecubus

August 30 2014, 00:52:34 UTC 1 month ago

I completely agree. My friends feed should be the default.

abinormal

4 weeks ago

serpantin

1 week ago

violethuntress

August 29 2014, 23:19:27 UTC 1 month ago

I updated to the last redesign, and now the app crashes every.single.time. I try to open it. I can't update to this redesign, because I can't get iOS 7. Is there going to be ANY bug fixes for the last redesign? Otherwise the app won't work for me at all anymore.

raherrier

August 29 2014, 23:20:31 UTC 1 month ago

The updated iPhone app sucks, I don't want to see random LJ stuff; I want to open to my friends feed and be done with it. I haven't tried posting with it, but others have said it's horrible. You took something halfway decent and made it completely horrible. I'm keeping the PC version of LJ in the old style too, it's much easier to read. And what the hell is up with charging for certain themes now?? I'm already a paid account, that should count for something; I'm not paying $21 for a background theme, you are out of your minds on that.

shurra

August 30 2014, 00:19:18 UTC 1 month ago

Nothing of real importance has been corrected. This "updated" version is as horrible as the previous one. Have you tested it on real users who read not only top-rated stuff but their own customized friends feed and post entries?
No lj-cut, no settings for images, limit on the number of images, no settings for the fonts. WTF?! It's meaningless as a mobile application because all the current features can be found in the mobile version of LJ already.

action03

August 30 2014, 00:33:41 UTC 1 month ago

Can't wait for the Windows Phone app! Thank you for including Windows Phone users!
Previous
← Ctrl← Alt
Next
Ctrl →Alt →