Friends Feed customization, new redesigned iPhone app

Hello, everyone!

We wanted to let you know we've just added a bunch of new customization options to the Friends Feed page. Full details are available in the latest lj-releases post.

A new fully redesigned version of the LiveJournal iPhone App has also been released. If you downloaded the redesigned version when it first appeared in the Apple store a few weeks ago, we've pushed another update which will fix many of the bugs which were present in the app, so we strongly advise updating to the newest version. Please note that this version of the LiveJournal app only works for phones running iOS 7.

New iPad, Android, and Windows Phone apps will also be released soon!

That's all for this week, have a great weekend!

We need the Windows Phone app, too.
This is being worked on too!

insulanova

1 year ago

annique5

1 year ago

чё за куйня ?
Hallelujah, The current version of the iPhone app is horrible. Looking forward to seeing the update.
I have the latest iOS update, and I'm still seeing a ton of HTML when reading my friends feed, mostly in lieu of apostrophes: ' Is there a timeline for a fix on that?
Seconded about the HTML instead of apostrophes in the App.

Plus, where are my messages, comments and visitors Widgets on my Friends Page? And after I get a PM the little 1 on the envelope wouldn't go away even after I opened the messages!
Messages and comments are currently broken, expected back next week: http://lj-releases.livejournal.com/89249.html?thread=11791009#t11791009

astronewt

1 year ago

ely_baby

1 year ago

I have the update and I'm also seeing html in the posts, making some completely unreadable.
That's just texture.

ms_hecubus

1 year ago

lafinjack

1 year ago

I like the improvements to the feed page. I'm tempted to move over, but I still prefer my friends page.

Are there any plans to put a "page summary" widget on the feed page? Something showing the title and comment count. It's the easiest way to keep up with active posts.

An rss widget would also be good.
If your friends page theme has a sidebar, you can add a page summery to it here, first section: http://www.livejournal.com/customize/options.bml?group=sidebars

allinred

1 year ago

lafinjack

1 year ago

Just tried it, and sorry, it's still not working too well... and please the iPad app as soon as possible! Whatever the version is I have at the moment just crashes - it's completely useless, and driving me round the bend - you wouldn't want to be responsible for me tearing my hair out, now would you?

Good news :)
Good news. Thanks.
comments show up for a second then disappear on the home page..
i tried logging in and out already
Same with me.

But now it is a problem of many users. We were told to wait until next week.

astronewt

1 year ago

maria_gorynceva

1 year ago

homunculus

1 year ago

astronewt

1 year ago

homunculus

1 year ago

astronewt

1 year ago

theidolhands

1 year ago

Glad to hear that you're working on a Windows phone app. :)
Can we not customize our Friend Feed in the...old version? (I forgot there were two options).
stop fucking up the code!
you've done enough damage as it is.
Agreed!
I'm glad to hear the apps are being worked on.
My comments and notifications keep disappearing on the main page.
Same here for me.

fiddlingfrog

1 year ago

astronewt

1 year ago

azewewish

1 year ago

fiddlingfrog

1 year ago

astronewt

1 year ago

dabroots

August 29 2014, 21:28:37 UTC 1 year ago Edited:  August 29 2014, 21:29:16 UTC

I, too, am anxious for the Windows app to happen. LJ will not stay open for me, and getting there currently requires that I bring up the PC version and find the login buttons, which of course are really tiny on my phone. And to set it up on there also required me to maneuver past prompts appearing only in Russian. But you know about all these problems already, right?
FEED, FRIENDS CUSTOMIZATION, ETC: WTF IS THIS SHIT! DO NOT FUCKING WANT!!!!!!

buzziecat

1 year ago

Is there a plan to fix the browser compatibility?

I cannot see profiles - mine or anyone else's - in Firefox any more, only in Chrome. Firefox is my default browser and I plan to keep it that way. It would sure be nice to view LJ profiles again when using it.
Which version of Firefox? I'm using Firefox 31 and can see profiles just fine.

leafrider

1 year ago

Thank you for fixing the commenting bug. That was really frustrating.
Not liking the iPhone app at all. I don't want to read random stuff from random LJ people first; I want to read MY friends list. Why isn't that the default?

And the revised friends list/feed on the web? Horrible. I hope these are opt-in only.
I completely agree. My friends feed should be the default.

abinormal

1 year ago

serpantin

11 months ago

I updated to the last redesign, and now the app crashes every.single.time. I try to open it. I can't update to this redesign, because I can't get iOS 7. Is there going to be ANY bug fixes for the last redesign? Otherwise the app won't work for me at all anymore.
The updated iPhone app sucks, I don't want to see random LJ stuff; I want to open to my friends feed and be done with it. I haven't tried posting with it, but others have said it's horrible. You took something halfway decent and made it completely horrible. I'm keeping the PC version of LJ in the old style too, it's much easier to read. And what the hell is up with charging for certain themes now?? I'm already a paid account, that should count for something; I'm not paying $21 for a background theme, you are out of your minds on that.
Nothing of real importance has been corrected. This "updated" version is as horrible as the previous one. Have you tested it on real users who read not only top-rated stuff but their own customized friends feed and post entries?
No lj-cut, no settings for images, limit on the number of images, no settings for the fonts. WTF?! It's meaningless as a mobile application because all the current features can be found in the mobile version of LJ already.
Can't wait for the Windows Phone app! Thank you for including Windows Phone users!