Invite your friends back to LiveJournal!

Do you have LiveJournal friends you'd like to hear from again but who haven't posted for awhile? Do you sometimes feel like your Friends page doesn't have as much content as it could? Well, now you can invite your friends back and get some free paid time added to your account as well!

We are pleased to announce the Remember promotion, which allows currently active LiveJournal users to send an invitation to their friends who haven't been active for awhile. If your friend accepts the invitation, both you and your friend will receive a month of paid time! You can receive up to 6 months paid time if you invite multiple friends, and a special gift will be given to the person who brings the most people back to LiveJournal!

So, how does it work?
All you need to do is go to http://www.livejournal.com/remember/ while logged in to your LiveJournal account and enter your friend's username (or you can copy/paste the link and send it to them directly). We'll send them an email with a confirmation code, and once they accept, they just need to post a new entry (at any security level) for you both to receive one month of paid time added to your account!

What are the rules for sending and receiving invitations?
The following eligibility restrictions apply:

1) The invited account must have no logins recorded for the past 12 months or longer.

2) You cannot send invitations to your own alternate accounts.

3) Identity accounts (accounts that login via Facebook, Twitter, and so on) can neither send nor receive invitations. Only full LiveJournal accounts can participate.

4) This promotion is currently for non-Cyrillic users only.

Anything else I need to know?
Nope, that's it! So head on over to http://www.livejournal.com/remember/ and help bring your friends back to LiveJournal!
Tags: remember promotion

А если по русски?
Пригласите своих друзей вернуться в ЖЖ!

klaridad

2 years ago

sergey_45i

2 years ago

klaridad

2 years ago

sergey_45i

2 years ago

20_00

2 years ago

don't know, sorry

sergey_45i

2 years ago

Re: don't know, sorry

20_00

2 years ago

pmpe

2 years ago

pmpe

2 years ago

20_00

2 years ago

pmpe

2 years ago

sergey_45i

2 years ago

anatoligreen

2 years ago

klaridad

2 years ago

anatoligreen

2 years ago

klaridad

2 years ago

kievoch

2 years ago

anatoligreen

2 years ago

nihao_62

2 years ago

klaridad

2 years ago

nihao_62

2 years ago

Desperation time.
Thanks for your co operation.
Wow. This smacks of desperation. Maybe if you had LISTENED to you customer base they would still be here.
This.

glowing_dragon

2 years ago

gillo

2 years ago

donutgirl

April 2 2015, 15:42:56 UTC 2 years ago Edited:  April 2 2015, 15:43:29 UTC

I don't think it's such a bad idea, but it would have been nicer without the free paid account. I have a lot of friends I'd love to invite back, but I don't want them to think I'm only doing it to get free shit.

(I couldn't care less about the paid account -- I don't even know what the benefits are.)

astronewt

April 2 2015, 16:05:16 UTC 2 years ago Edited:  April 2 2015, 16:05:37 UTC

There's an older feature that lets you "nudge" a friend to come back and post -- no freebies involved. http://www.livejournal.com/friends/nudge.bml

And if you are ever interested, here's a list of the paid account benefits.

donutgirl

2 years ago

Deleted comment

nihao_62

2 years ago

Deleted comment

Popcorn anyone?

*accepts your offer, settles into comfy Dreamwidth chair to watch the show*

snailbones

2 years ago

zellieh

2 years ago

portisheart

2 years ago

nucleosides

2 years ago

snailbones

2 years ago

i just got a notification for this promotion in my email
Good luck with that.
good luck

mdalaminkibria

1 year ago

Apart from the free paid time award, isn't this pretty much what the ridiculous nudging feature already did/does? (I don't even know if it's still around...)
Sorry, but why only two invitations a day?

debris_k

April 2 2015, 16:39:54 UTC 2 years ago Edited:  April 2 2015, 16:40:32 UTC

What you said.^ It's bad enough having to look like I'm begging my friends to do me a favor and help me get free paid time, then it turns out that out of the 3(!) folks I am not too ashamed to 'remember' I can only send out invites to 2(?!?). :/ So much for that, I guess.

Deleted comment

spacefem

2 years ago

candream

2 years ago

*puzzled* Hasn't LiveJournal proven time and again that you don't listen to your customer base--including those with permanent and paid accounts? I honestly can't think of anything I could say that would convince anyone that this time it would be different.
As much as I hate to admit it they have been better recently.

queerbychoice

2 years ago

darth_eldritch

2 years ago

antique_faery

2 years ago

navaan

2 years ago

queerbychoice

2 years ago

This should have gone out in everyone's email yesterday.

There are tons of reasons people left the site and they more than likely won’t come back. I'd say I've lost about 90% of the people who I used to follow or the other way around over the last decade. I still use the site and probably will until it goes away, mainly because I need a place where I can post things in a locked environment and have actually conversations people can respond to where the messages actually go through almost every time.
This.

I mean people left Livejournal, probably due to personal or other reasons and most likely they won't come back. Ever since 2010, people left the site one way or another (especially with the zaniest updates LJ could offer/the site being not as nostalgic as it was circa 2001), especially now that Tumblr is all the hype these days (well I shouldn't say "these days", since the site was getting super popular 5-6 years ago). We just moved on, not only with lives outside Livejournal, but also with whatever social media site that's out there these days (besides Tumblr, I'm amazed people are still using Facebook).

Nowadays, while I still crosspost my entries via DW, I use Wordpress and a new site called ello, which is like a lovechild of Facebook and Twitter. I still use LJ from time to time, until it goes away or whatnot.

madman101

2 years ago

tokugawa

2 years ago

misstcup

3 months ago

sushidragon

2 years ago

Deleted comment

Wow you really are desperate arent you?...

Sadly those of us left could really give a rats ass...the only reason I stay is that I'll be damned if I let my hard work and writing get chewed up and thrown away if I let my account slide....

I doubt any of my friends would want to come back here......I'm the only sad ass left....

Oh and we all keep in touch on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram anyway....I just like to talk more than they do....

Maybe if you want to keep those few of us left you could do something without having to bribe us....

You can export your journal entries, and I know that you directly and automatically import them into Wordpress. There are other blog sites that do this too. You won't lose anything. I am staying on LJ but keep my entries safe elsewhere too.

Deleted comment

I wonder if this is in response to an article on the-toast about LJ

But I guess this is a nice bonus. Though it would be nicer if they told us which of our friends "have no logins recorded for the past 12 months or longer". haha

kkarth

2 years ago

mosinging1986

2 years ago

dancing_ghost

2 years ago

achacunsagloire

2 years ago

At first you broke the old good LJ by idiotic innovations, then people run away and then you want we call them back? How nice...
Creepy, and a little bit desperate.

What do permanent members get out of this?

We get the same as usual... nothing.

heyurs

2 years ago

zellieh

2 years ago

kaspurr

2 years ago

heyurs

2 years ago

kaspurr

2 years ago

heyurs

2 years ago

heyurs

2 years ago

queerbychoice

2 years ago

zellieh

2 years ago

sweetmeow

2 years ago

heyurs

2 years ago

glasshouses

2 years ago

heyurs

2 years ago

Yes, there have been lots of stupid stuff happening in the past and yes, there are several strong competitors to LJ fandom wise, but I for one would enjoy more life on my f-list and favorite communities here. So I'm nudging all my old friends and sending the remember-code to a few I don't think will be offended by it.

It's for our own benefit too. And I'm glad the staff is trying to get a grip. (The alternative is too depressing.) And if you have better ideas to bring people in, tell it, please.
this! I'm tired of seeing people only complaining and doing nothing to change things! stop complaining about the past and do something for the future!

kartos

1 year ago

mdalaminkibria

1 year ago

starswan

2 years ago

eve_n_furter

2 years ago

kartos

1 year ago

kari_izumi

2 years ago

Sounds kind of skeevy to be honest. There are GOOD reasons that people left LJ. The only reason I stayed (and stayed in the broadest term here, because I rarely POST on LJ anymore) is because I am a creature of habit that does not like change - which would be why I will continue to avoid the new "innovations" LJ has implemented like the bloody plague! Well, that and these so called innovations SUCK.

At any rate, while I miss the people that have left LJ, I wouldn't attempt to entice them back - and certainly not with a skeevy, 'hey, come back so I can get free paid time' ploy. And why would you think free paid time would bring them back in the first place?! It's not like these people said, oh my paid time on LJ ran out, so I think I'll inconvenience the hell out of myself and move ALL my shit to another journaling service.

These people left because you DO.NOT.LISTEN.TO.YOUR.USERBASE!!! Perhaps if you actually stop with these hideous changes, perhaps if you actually fixed the things that are STILL bloody well BROKEN here, perhaps if you *gasp* LISTENED to your userbase, people would return, without you trying to BRIBE them back. No, actually, without you trying to make US bribe them back.
+1billion

venicsim

2 years ago

mosinging1986

2 years ago

I fear I have to agree with most of the posters above. While I would love to get some of the old crowd back, they left for a reason. I stayed, because I don't like change, and already have a permanent account, bought when times were good. I wish you'd stop changing things for the worse.
I got the notification yesterday and thought it was an April Fool's day joke... Huh.
I was actually wondering if that was the case!

hooloovoo_42

2 years ago

Чё за хуйня опять ?
This is... sad. Depressing.

The thing is that I have this bad habit of becoming infatuated with fandoms that are either dead or on their way out. And that is incredibly annoying. But even worse is when I find a fandom that started with a large amount of people on livejournal or whatever and then moved. Because personally I find Livejournal annoying to navigate and Tumblr nigh-on impossible (god, I'm ridiculously old fashioned), and so basically even if I know fans exist somewhere in some great fannish network sometimes I just can't find them in the great wastes of the Internet, and I should stop ranting and shut up now because I don't want to be Jack Straw.

Seriously, though. I feel like I'm that one person that comes late to every party in the fucking universe.
Nope, that's EXACTLY me too. Coupled with the fact that I have had no interest in some of the really big fandom explosions once I did know how to navigate in different places. Otherwise, I always seem to become obsessed with fandoms a decade after a movie or 9 seasons into a show. : I

heliopausa

2 years ago

glasshouses

2 years ago

I feel that this is just an attempt of desperation. There are a lot of reasons why people left Livejournal, be it either for personal or other reasons (you know, such as releasing useless updates and ignoring your users/fanbase). Plus, they've all went to other forms of social media sites like the ever-so popular Tumblr. There's also other sites, such as the new ello (though only available via invite. It's a site that's like a Facebook and Twitter lovechild, but with a Wordpress/Blogspot type feel into it), Plurk, Facebook (*cringe* though I'm amazed people are still using that), Twitter and if you have an iPhone or a Samsung Galaxy, you can install this app called Line and Kakao Talk. There's also Snapchat and Instagram too. Also, we have lives outside of LJ and not many people doesn't have the time to be on it, though one could make time for simple community discussions (*glares at ontd*) or online roleplaying (I remember when people were into online card games like Colors or the like, but it seems to me everyone has abandoned that, along with roleplaying on LJ, since the roleplaying is now on Tumblr).

I still use Livejournal from time to time, because it's the only place I could post things that are very personal in a private or friends only lock (something Tumblr lacks in, is the friends only option), plus the graphics/icons (though with tumblr, they've gotten huge and with each popular live action TV series and Western/Japanese animation or the like, there's always a gif set, fanart or graphic edit in the woodworks).

tl;dr - we've moved on, all because you don't listen to your customer base.
Те, кто ушёл, уже вряд ли вернутся. Но затея с "Remember. Invite" интересная.