LiveJournal is now accepting payments in Bitcoin!

We have partnered with Coinbase to provide instant and secure payment via Bitcoin to our users! Shop with Bitcoin now and, for a limited time, receive FREE userpics or storage space with any Paid account purchase!

How does it work?

1. Go to the LJ Shop, select any Paid account subscription and add one free gift: 70 more userpics OR an additional 10 GB of storage space. Please note, if you add both 70 more userpics and an additional 10GB of storage space to your cart, only the 70 more userpics will be free.

Bitcoin

2. Select "Bitcoin" as your payment method, and click "Checkout". Click on the "Pay with Bitcoin" button. From here, you can choose to pay directly from your Bitcoin wallet by using the generated payment address or by scanning the QR code with your smartphone. Or, if you have a Coinbase account, you can log in and send payment directly.

You can also create your Bitcoin wallet in minutes at https://www.coinbase.com/signup.

Bitcoin FAQs

What is Bitcoin?
Bitcoin is a digital form of currency. Bitcoin can be transferred instantly and securely between any two people in the world.

Why is LiveJournal accepting Bitcoin?
We've added Bitcoin as a payment option to offer an instant, secure, and completely anonymous payment method. Bitcoin transactions also offer reduced payment processing costs and eliminate chargebacks (fraudulent payment refunds).

How do I obtain Bitcoin?
In order to get Bitcoin you need to create a Bitcoin wallet. You can sign up for a wallet from Coinbase at https://www.coinbase.com/signup.

Please note, due to government restrictions, this payment option may not be available in your country. You can visit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_bitcoin_by_country for more information.

For more details on how Bitcoin payments work on LiveJournal, please see http://www.livejournal.com/support/faq/420.html.

New Feature: delete all comments from a user

Unrelated to our Bitcoin announcement, we also wanted to announce that it is now possible to quickly delete all comments from a specific user in your journal or community.

You can do this by going to the Admin Console and running the command:

delete_comments exampleusername (replacing exampleusername with the username of the person whose comments you would like to delete.)

If you are a community owner or maintainer and want to delete comments from a specific user in your community, the command would be:

delete_comments exampleusername from communityname (again replacing both exampleusername and communityname with the appropriate usernames).