With all our hearts

At long last, we're pleased to announce a new feature. Now, in journal and community entries, there's a button you can click to show the author you liked their entry.
I like this entry.png
We aim to make feedback to authors easier and quicker, as users don’t always have time to come up with a long comment, while short ones (like “+1” or ”cool photo”) often make us feel awkward. Yet it’s so important that authors receive feedback from their readers! Pressing the heart button is simple - it's like waving your hand to a friend, saying "Hi there, I read you!", or writing "Great post, thanks". This can often be the motivation for our favorite authors to write more.

A few words about new settings and options:

We are anxious and excited to hear your opinion about this new feature:) We hope you like it, but don’t hesitate to tell us what you don’t like or inform us of any problems you come across. We truly appreciate your feedback. So click the heart! :)

Tags: feedback

Hello ..
I'm really sad because he was my rejection
Can you find out why?
I'm going to change my myself if the cause is worth
I'll be really thankful to find out why
Commenting is vital for a journalling platform. I don't feel that a 'like' heart has a place here. This place is supposed to be more interactive than that - you actually take time to read and respond. It's what made LJ different, better.

This inclusion is very disappointing. I hate to be negative, but a lazy click is not LJ's culture.
I've just realized there's an effective way to protest this. The older styles do NOT feature the like buttons. So if everyone who hates the idea moves BACK to an older style, their stupid little button won't be used.

eowyn

1 year ago

We truly appreciate your feedback. So click the heart! :)

Uh, what heart? I understand that features don't always appear on all servers simultaneously, but you'd think you'd make sure to make it enabled on whatever server news is on if you're announcing it...

Kind of moot, though, since this isn't a feature I like or want on LJ anyway. Quit trying to be Facebook already.

ragdoll

November 2 2016, 08:09:31 UTC 1 year ago Edited:  November 2 2016, 08:10:03 UTC

Oh good, once again you've given us shit no one asked for and no one wanted instead of fixing things or putting in things people wanted like subject headers on comments. Given that you want us to switch to the new friends feed thing which I refuse to use, it's not going to be used by me. I have a Facebook already. This is not Facebook.
I get a subject header when I comment. You don't?
Does this new feature not work on Kindle Fire? I don't see any hearts.
I don't see them even in Firefox on Linux and Windows..
To be honest, I have occasionally found myself looking to hit "like" and then remembering where I am. But here should be a way of disabling it for people don't want others to use it on their entries, if possible.
Meh. Don't really care much, but overall, this is a nope for me.

I hate that folks just "like" or "favorite" things on other sites instead of commenting. Meh. Not for me, thanks.

Leave it along or give up and opt out, please.
The negative reaction to this is hilarious. If you don't like it you don't need to use it. They seem to have even turned notifications off by default.

Feature doesn't seem to work with my theme. Not that it is that important to me.

Oh, I guess if you don't like it you don't even need to see it at all if you pick an old enough theme.
Glad to know you'll be happy not getting comments. But hey, you'll have a tiny little number next to a heart. That should tell you what everyone thinks, and what reactions they're having, and whether they have anything to add, etc. Right?

plicease

1 year ago

I use the old version of lj, so I can't even see this new feature. I wouldn't use it, but if it's useful to others, then why not. I still think it would make much more sense on comments than on entries though.
Oh sure, then NOBODY would ever talk to each other. It would just be a big mass of like buttons.
I can't decide if my reaction is

1. Welcome to 2009, LJ!

2. It's too bad 95% of my social media contacts are no longer on LiveJournal.

3. Oh wow, they still pay attention to English speaking users?
Of course not. This is here just to make us THINK someone is listening. Nobody at the other end reads these entries. It's just a way to keep us here, thinking our opinion matters.

nucleosides

1 year ago

no one need nor wants this feature- we like to engage in comments! thats the reason we stay!
more useful would be if the notification troubles would be cleaned up!!!
i know of many users not recieving notifications the wanted or getting stuff they dont want! i myself am one of those!
I like it.. though i don't see it on my journal as of yet.. i've been waiting for this... sometimes you don't have time or don't know what to say to a certain someone's journal entry.. at least you can now respond with a "i read it" heart!! Thank you, LJ! Good Job!!
That stupid heart doesn't tell you ANYTHING. That why we don't want it.
Got a weird email notification today:

****

1 user(s) likes this - «»Read the latest LiveJournal news at http://news.livejournal.com/

If you’d like to unsubscribe from this notification, please click here.

****

No idea what post it refers to? You maybe need to tweak the notification emails?
I'd like some precision instead of "someone likes your entry". Who is this someone?
WTF?
I don't like it!