Fund raiser!

The upgrade last night was a pain, but boy did it pay off... I'm looking at stats for all the machines and it's amazing what a difference it made. Hell, just use the site... incredibly fast. We're pushing out by far record bandwidth and the database isn't even breaking a sweat.

However, this isn't time to get too happy .... we need to stay ahead of the problems. We did better this last round of problems than the first one (the slowness only lasting a few days), but our idea from here on out is to have as few problems as possible. We pretty much have the money and talent we need now to keep livejournal always running fast and we're going to work to do even better.

To raise the last bit of cash we need for our new database server, we're having a fund raiser. The idea is to raise $10,000 as quickly as possible ... "100 people, 100 bucks".

Go check it out. Even if you don't have $100 to spend right now, there's some good reading on that page if you're interested in LiveJournal's present status and future plans.