Open source!

LiveJournal's always been very open-source friendly, publishing the protocol and making the source for all the clients available, but now we've released the source to everything under the GPL.

Curious how LJ works on the inside? The source is here. Read the lj_dev announcement for more information.

I'd post more now and advocate open source or explain why this won't kill LiveJournal (in fact, it'll help!), but it's a nice day out and there are dozens of websites out there explaining why open source works, so I'll save it for later.

Happy hackin'.