Maintenance Journal

Many of you have expressed interest in getting notified when LiveJournal is going to be down, so you don't go through withdrawals.

If you're one of those people, check out the new lj_maintenance journal, and add it as a friend if you'd like.

I'll be posting there planned downtime both when I plan it, and right before it happens. Knowing when LJ is going down 2 minutes right before it goes down may not seem useful now, but with the upcoming subscription & notification system, you could choose to get emailed or text-messaged when there is a new post to lj_maintenance.

Also in lj_maintenance we'll explain downtime that wasn't planned, so you can laugh at us, or maybe even sympathize. :-)