Spam -- not from LiveJournal

I've been getting an increasing amount of spam that says it's from livejournal.com. I just wanted to reassure everybody that 1) we're not sending this spam, and 2) it's not even going through our mail servers.

The spammers are using other people's open relays and just forging their return address to be the same as whoeever they're spamming, it seems. I checked the return address to see if the user even existed on livejournal, and it doesn't.

There's really nothing we can do to prevent this. The whole internet mail system sucks, basically. Anybody can forge anything.