New Sign-up Process

From looking at the database, it seems a few hundred of you have already discovered what I'm about to say here .... maybe I should've written this post before uploading the new code. :-)

Anyway, creating a new account now requires either paying or getting an invitation code from an existing user which are given out for a number of different reasons.

You can go read the three pages above to understand our motivations more. We considered a lot of people's input in designing this new system but it's possible we overlooked something.

Before replying here, make sure you read everything linked above. That said, however, we appreciate your input. It's not our goal to make LiveJournal a private club but we do want to prevent a lot of the abuse.

There's a happy balance somewhere, we're just trying to find it.

← Ctrl← Alt
Next
Ctrl →Alt →
Previous