Domain aliasing

I added a fun little feature last night, because the new code made it so easy to support.

You can now register a domain name and make it load your LiveJournal.

For example, I'll pick on my homeboy mart ... he setup this domain:
http://martlj.2y.net/
It may be the ugliest looking domain name in the world, but it loads his LiveJournal now!

And you can do it now too (well, if you have a paid account). I set it up for my personal journal too, but we'll leave that unlinked. :-)

Just go to modify journal and enter your domain name which you already have or plan to register.

If you want to register one, you can do it pretty cheaply at marcuso's website, DomainMonger.com. Plus, we get a kick-back if you register from them, but we don't require you to use them.

Marcus wrote these directions:

Here are the directions to follow after you register a domain at DomainMonger:

1. Go to:
http://www.domainmonger.com/login_manage.shtml

2. Enter domain name, user name, and password. Click "Manage Domain" button.

3. Click "DNS Plus" link (In the navigation bar labeled "Manage Your
Domain").

4. Click "IP Addresses" link.

5. Enter the IP Address "66.150.15.150" in the box labeled "Numeric
IP" and click the "Add New IP Address link". (Leave box labeled "Name"
blank.)

6. Click "Yes" to "Both 'yourdomain.com' and 'www.yourdomain.com'
will have the IP 66.150.15.150"

Not too many people will use it, but it's there if you want to.