Jesse Proulx (jproulx) wrote in news,
Jesse Proulx
jproulx

Email Scam Alert

There seems to be a new email scam targeting LiveJournal users, effectively asking them for their login information by visiting a URL that almost matches "livejournal.com". If you receive this email or any others bearing a similar resemblence, please disregard it entirely, and certainly do not click on the link provided. We do not delete accounts for simple inactivity.

Dear LiveJournal user,

We have recently noticed that you haven't updated your LiveJournal in
awhile. If you would like to keep your LiveJournal account, you must sign in
within the next 24 hours.

You may sign in at: { link removed }

Failure to sign in within the next 24 hours will result in account
termination.

If at all possible, please spread the word about ignoring this scam to other users that may not see this news post.