Say hello to alanj!

We've got a new LiveJournal employee... say hello to alanj!

Alan's been using LiveJournal for ages and did a ton of work making the code easily usable for other sites when it was first open-sourced a couple years back.

Right now I try to be the lead programmer, sysadmin, and business guy, in addition to working on a new project. It's just too much. As a result, I've been neglecting certain responsibilities due to time limitations.

Alan's job is going to be gradually taking on a number of my responsibilities, leaving me more time to give love to the neglected areas, and be able to step back occasionally and see the big picture, deciding which areas need work.

Anyway, if you suddenly start seeing him post more often in the various lj_* communities, now you'll know why. :-)