Jesse Proulx (jproulx) wrote in news,
Jesse Proulx
jproulx

Security Notice

Some of you might receive (or have already received) an email that says the sender is webmaster@livejournal.com, with a message containing the following paragraph:
LiveJournal.com
has been experiencing some technical difficulties with some of our
member's live journals. The only way for us to fix the problem, Is for
you to log into your account ASAP! Please log into your account
here http://www.livejournal.com/

Please disregard this email, as it is just a hoax trying to scare users into giving out their passwords. The link in the message body doesn't actually take you to livejournal.com, but to a page on another server that looks exactly like our home page. If you log in from the false page, you risk having the security of your LiveJournal account becoming compromised.

We're contacting the services involved in hosting the false page, and we hope to get this taken care of soon.