Denise Paolucci (denisep) wrote in news,
Denise Paolucci
denisep

New Password Scam

We've become aware of yet another "password scam" email that's making the rounds. This one claims that your account has been accessed from four or more IP addresses in the past 24 hours, and tells you to reply to the email with your username and password.

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL. It is not sent from LiveJournal staff. We will never ask you for your password via email. If you did receive this email and reply to it, please immediately change your password. Information on how to do this can be found in "How can I change my password?"

Other useful FAQs to familiarize yourself with:

How should I secure my password and prevent other people from logging into my account?
Someone broke into my LiveJournal account!