Xcolibur, release 3

Changes since last update:
  • added the full mode ellipsises for everything (common request)
  • added more space between comments
  • fixed some unclosed tags on a few pages which prevented access (editing styles)
  • updated sitemap to not overlap words
Browser we haven't worked on fixing yet:
  • Safari: the menu at top is busted.
  • IE 4, 5, 5.5: doesn't implement CSS correctly... needs special stylesheets. we need to install some old versions of Windows on a spare computer to even get access to those old browsers.
  • Netscape 4.x: we'll make a special stylesheet just for it, or keep sending dystopia to it... we'll see.
Basically, we're only testing with Gecko-based browsers, Win-IE 6, Mac-IE 5.2, and Safari right now, but we'll get to everything.

Regarding the left sidebar: I'm thinking we can add it back, but it'll be auto-hiding. It won't be there unless you hover your mouse over the region, then it'll appear until you move the mouse out for a half second. I just hate the ugly cluttered sidebar when you don't need it... but it is convenient when you're looking for something, I agree.

Also, color: yes, we are kinda bright and bland at this point. Lot of people like that, though, and I kinda do... but we'll experiment with some changes before resting.

I think this'll be the last update for tonight.