Misc

Some misc notes....

We're selling LiveJournal clothing, but we mentioned that yesterday.

A bunch of new code just went live. The notable items are:

Better RSS support. We output RSS 2.0 now, full text for paid accounts, and partial text for everybody else.

You can choose your site scheme ("skin") now and have the change be permanent for your account. (so you can go help betatest the ever-improving Xcolibur style which will eventually become the site default....)

Userpic behavior for expired paid accounts changed. denisep can write better than I can:
We've just implemented the concept of "inactive userpics". It's the beginning of something that people have been asking about for a long time -- "userpic add-on packages". Basically, in the future, people will be able to pay a small fee and get more userpics. In order to do this, though, we have to support "expiring" the userpics once account status changes.

If you've had a paid account in the past, and your paid account expired, the server will now flag your least-used userpics as inactive. They'll still show on old posts and comments, but you won't be able to use those
pics again in new posts or comments. If you want to use those pics again, you can go back to a paid account, and you can start using those pics again.

In the past, you could keep using the pics until you wanted to upload a new one, because we didn't have a way to force you to remove the pics. This is a compromise between making people get rid of the pics entirely, and letting people pay once and keep using all their pics.
A bunch of areas have been "English-scrubbed", so the translator teams can make more of the site in other languages.

.... and tons of other misc smaller stuff.

Props to our new employee, whitaker, for most the fun stuff above. All my changes the past week have been clean-up, architecture, and the store.

I'll update this post if I think of other notable things I forgot.