Denise Paolucci (denisep) wrote in news,
Denise Paolucci
denisep

Email Worm Warning

We're seeing reports of a strain of the W32.Mimail.A email "worm" running around that pretends to be from LiveJournal. If you receive an email that reads:

I would like to inform you about important information regarding your email address. This email address will be expiring.
Please read attachment for details.

Please do not open the attachment. It's not from us, and the worm spoofs our email address.

If you have opened this attachment, you may wish to update your antivirus software (the most recent versions of all antivirus software should detect W32.Mimail.A) and put your computer through a full scan.