New site skin

Over the past few months we've been developing, tweaking, and testing a new site skin called "Xcolibur". It's been the default skin on the test site for quite some time, but today we're finally making it the default, replacing the long-lived "Dystopia" skin.

The goals for the new skin were:
  • less clutter, less text, better navigation
  • more modern web markup (important for accessibility)
  • no sidebar making comment pages ugly
We know a lot of users won't like the new Xcolibur for whatever reason, so we've made it really easy to change on a per-user basis.

To change your default skin, go to the Browse Options page and click your preferred skin.

Many thanks to colin, jproulx, and all the testers for their hard work on the new skin!