Status update

The switch to Speedera last night went well, but now Speedera's world-wide caches are filling up (by requesting userpics from us, their origin) and is in turn killing db caches on our servers, hindering overall performance.

This'll die down over time, but in the meantime we're racing to finish the project we mentioned here previously to remove the database query that's blocking the most (and blocking now even more because of the smaller effective caches).

Once we get the NetApp, userpics and other media are all moving to it, so the fast disks and caches on our db servers won't be used to do simple stuff like images.

I know you're all getting sick of the waves of suck and fast (and I am too), but we're really getting to a nice place architecture-wise... I think you'll all be happy in a bit here.