Hiding friend-ofs and "serial adders"

One hot issue lately (well, outside of gay marriage) is whether or not LiveJournal should let people remove other people from their friend-of list.

There are 3 dominant positions on this issue, and we're soliciting the best arguments for each position with our new "GoatVote" system at:

http://www.livejournal.com/community/lj_biz/217808.html

As described in the link above, we're not seeing how many votes each position can get. Our final decision won't be based on the position with the highest votes. Rather, we want everybody who cares about this issue to go recommend what position statements we should read (possibly one of your own) and we'll consider the best arguments for each position before making our final decision (or possibly putting up another GoatVote with revised options).

Cool? Cool. Advocate!