April 2008 News

Advisory Board Elections
Do you think you would make a great addition to the LJ Advisory Board? Well now is your chance to nominate yourself! The nomination process begins May 5th and voting will take place from May 22nd - 29th. The newly-elected user-representative for the Advisory Board will begin his or her term just a few days after the votes are counted on June 1, 2008. You can find all the information you'll need about the process, as well as the exact rules and dates in lj_2008. We'll post in news again on May 5th to remind you to submit your nomination. We can't wait to see all of the amazing nominees!

Introducing LiveJournal Labs
While most of us are busy working on features and fixes for LiveJournal, we wanted to create a forum where we could showcase some of our latest ideas that are not quite ready for the prime time. Some of those ideas might never get integrated into the product, while some of them might become separate services.

The new forum is called LiveJournal Labs and can be found at http://www.livejournal.com/lab.bml. We will be adding new applications over the next few months. In the meantime, please play around and let us know what you think!

Post to Your LJ (and ALL your blogs) from Facebook
Blog It powered by TypePad is Six Apart's new cross-platform blogging application for Facebook. Blog It brings some of the best social networking aspects of Facebook to blogging, making it easy to blog from within Facebook. Whether you you blog using LiveJournal, Movable Type, Blogger, Tumblr, or numerous other services, now you can update everything and everyone via one easy-to-create post on Facebook.

For more information about Blog It powered by TypePad, please visit http://blogit.typepad.com/.

Release Notes
As usual, you can find all of the release notes in lj_releases but here are a few new things we thought you’ d be happy to hear about:
  • The Panther Express Content Delivery Network is now serving Userpics, CSS and LJ image files. This will speed up the loading of pages, especially for our international users.
  • The thread expander is now supported by "The Boxer" and "Variable Flow" layouts, as are Custom styles.
  • Polls can now be closed by the poll creator, and re-opened again if need be.
  • OpenID friends can now leave comments in journals that have been marked as “friends only.”
  • There's a new “Delete All” button in your inbox that allows you to easily delete all of your messages.
LiveJournal Housewarming TOMORROW!
Are you going to be in the Bay Area tomorrow night? If so, please stop by the LiveJournal offices in San Francisco and help us celebrate our new office space, meet the new additions to our team, and discuss all of the exciting things we're working on for 2008 and beyond. The get-together starts at 6:00 p.m. tomorrow night. We'll have snacks and drinks, so all you need to bring is yourself!

Address: 576 Folsom Street (at 2nd Street, next to the Courtyard Marriott)

If you think you can make it, let us know in the comments, or... just show up. We can't wait to see you!
Tags: advisory board, blog it, lj labs, news, r28