Advisory Board Elections, New Themes, Green by Design Contest

Advisory Board Elections
New Green Themes
Green by Design Contest

The Polls Are Open!

Calling LJ users to the polls—voting starts today, June 22, for user representatives to the LiveJournal Advisory Board! Voting takes place in lj_election_ru for Cyrillic-language users and in lj_election_en for all other users. Here's what you need to know to be an informed voter:
  • Polls are open from 9:00 a.m. PDT and MSD, June 22, to 4:30 p.m. PDT and MSD, June 26.

  • Only accounts created before March 31, 2009, are eligible to vote in this year’s election.

  • Only one account per registered email address may vote.

  • The candidates in lj_election_en are webqatch, vichan, kylecassidy, jameth, and daphaknee. Click on the username to see a candidate's nomination statement.

  • If no candidate receives a clear 51% of the first-choice vote, the winners will be determined using an Instant Runoff process.

  • We'll announce the winners and the results Monday, June 29, 2009, after the results have been examined for accuracy and veracity, and (if needed) run through the Instant Runoff tallying program.

  • The new user representatives to the LJ Advisory Board will be seated and begin their terms on July 1, 2009.

Now get out there and vote!

New Green Themes

Although Kermit the Frog might have struggled with being green, we think it's not really that hard to go green. And we have some new green themes for your journal to help make it even easier for you.

We've partnered with One Million Acts of Green, brought to you by Cisco to bring you these three new themes:

A green theme is the perfect way to show the world just how much you love our planet. Plus, by adding a green theme to your journal, you’ll be supporting One Million Acts of Green, a collaborative environmental campaign encouraging everyone to go green one act at a time. The goal? A million acts of green.

After you add a green theme to your journal, visit the One Million Acts of Green site and record your own Acts of Green. Whether you turn the lights off when they're not in use, ride your bike to school/work, or just get your friends to start recording their Acts of Green, every single act makes a difference.

Green by Design Contest

While we're on the green theme, we thought the designers among you might be interested in this Green by Design contest. To enter, all you have to do is create a Green Badge with an earth-friendly design and/or eco-minded message. The winning badge will link to the One Million Acts of Green site. You can get full details and information on how to enter at lj_contests.