Back by popular demand, we're thrilled to announce that we've brought back international voice posting. We'll be adding other countries soon, but here's what we've got so far:
- Canada - (705) 805-0069
- United Kingdom (tollfree) - 0808 280-0740
- Australia - (03) 8888-5192
- United States (this hasn't changed) - (888) 840-6189 or (888) LJ-VPOST (558-7678)
Designing minds: Check out the LiveJournal anniversary theme contest at lj_turns10. Submissions are open until September 14, so there's still time to design the theme of your dreams. Winning designs will play a starring role as our Featured themes, and the theme that takes the Grand Prize will be the default theme for all new accounts for the rest of 2009.
Get lucky on LJ
We've got lots of win-win action with some contests and competition this month. Check it out and get in on the fun.
Zazzle bedazzles: Our friends over at lj_promote are so excited about the new LiveJournal store on Zazzle that they're hosting a contest. Comment with a photo of yourself with your favorite LiveJournal t-shirt/pencil/hoodie/hat/thingie (there's lots to choose from at the Zazzle store!), and you could win a $5 LiveJournal gift certificate. Get details here.Get schooled in giving: LJ’s own ontd_ai_gives has raised serious cash for the Adam Lambert DonorsChoose.org fan group competition. ontd_ai_gives group is at the top of the class with over $25,000 already banked. Donations are welcome through September 20, so you can help support public schools while earning ontd_ai the coveted title of Most Generous Adam Lambert fan group.
A heads up to all of you with checks in the mail. Effective October 1, 2009, we'll ONLY accept payments using a major credit card, PayPal, or Web Money. If we're already billing you online, you're good to go. We're really sorry for the inconvenience, but we won't be taking any new orders with cash, check or Money Order as the payment method after October 1, 2009. If you created your order and mailed your payment before October 1, we'll still credit the order, even if the payment doesn't reach us until after the 1st.
Go bi-postal on MySpace
We know how much you love to share. Now, the writing's on the wall. Install the MySpace widget and instantly syndicate all your LJ posts to your MySpace profile.
To install the widget, log into MySpace, click More (from the upper nav bar), choose Apps Gallery (from the drop-down) and do a keyword search for LiveJournal. Install the widget, complete the quick online form and all of your LiveJournal posts will publish automatically on your MySpace profile. We'll be adding more syndication widgets down the line, so stay posted.
Tag, you're it
We've just released an update that allows Community Maintainers to restrict tag editing to only the author of the post and Maintainers. So, if you subscribe to the philosophy that too many cooks spoil the broth, you now have three restricted options to choose from: (1) Members only, (2) Maintainers only, or (3) Entry author and Maintainers. If you prefer the group soup approach, by all means, change the default setting to Any User, which means any LiveJournal user can edit tags.
To update your tag editing permissions, here's what you do:
- log into LiveJournal
- mouse over Journal (on the upper nav bar)
- choose Manage Tags (from the drop-down-menu)
- on the top of the page, next to Work as user, choose the community you want to change permissions for; click Switch
- scroll down to Tag Settings and choose a permission level
- when you're done, click Save Settings (on the bottom of the page)
Check out our current openings for a Russian Abuse Prevention Team member and an Operations Engineer:
LiveJournal is hiring!
If you're smart, driven and passionate about LiveJournal, we want you on our team!
Other important stuff
- TxtLJ service through Verizon is still down, but we have been told it should be working shortly!
- The number of comments has been added to the entry view of each post, so you can watch your comment-count grow.
- TxtLJ limits remain status quo, but will be increasing in the near-future.
- Read more details on changes and feature updates in lj_releases.