We've got your a la carte userpics!Update: We've temporarily suspended the ability to purchase userpic add-ons due to outstanding billing issues. We promise to have it back up and running as soon as possible. Thanks so much for your patience while we look into this.
|Important purchase information: The number of packages you select in the Shop defines how many packages you wish to have, rather than how many additional packages you wish to purchase. So, if you already have one package of userpics and then you choose ‘1 package’ in the Shop, only the time of your 1 package of userpics will be extended, rather than the quantity of userpics. If you’d like to have 2 or 3 packages in total, then you need to select either '2 packages' or '3 packages' plus the duration of time. Please note that the total amount of time purchased for all userpic packages will be redistributed so all packages expire at the same time.
Here's the breakdown on packaging and pricing:
Important stuff to know:
- Stats: In response to popular demand, we've now made Stats available to communities! If you're the maintainer of a Plus, Paid, or Permanent community, you'll be able to check how many people are viewing and commenting on your community posts! To view your community's Stats, visit Stats and choose the name of the community in the upper right corner beside Work as user. To upgrade your community from a Basic to a Plus or Paid account, select Manage under communities in the LiveJournal menu and click the Account tab to the right of the community you wish to upgrade. Remember, Plus communities are free and offer enhanced style and layout options, while displaying limited ads. Paid communities provide advanced features (including polls, increased Userpics, faster load times, comment editing, and photo storage) and are ad-free for all users.
- Mobile: We've relaunched the LiveJournal LiveJournal Mobile version and LJ Windows application to offer you easier, enhanced access to LiveJournal wherever you go. iPhone users should continue to use the existing LiveJournal app.
- Google Analytics: If you have a Paid or Permanent account, you can now use Google Analytics to track traffic on your journal (this is not yet available for communities). Once you've signed up for Google Analytics, click on the Extensions tab in your Account settings, and paste your Google Web property ID number in the designated field!
- Notifications: We fixed one of the major bugs that was impeding the proper function of notifications. More improvements are on the way.
- Unplugged: We recently launched wb_unplugged, which is an edgier, adult-friendly version of Writer's Block. You can now access Unplugged from the Writer's Block panel on the homepage. To submit questions, simply join and post to wb_unplugged or mail suggestions to the Writer's Block inbox! We can't wait to read your questions and answers!
- Facebook & Twitter: For a touch of home away from home, join the LiveJournal Facebook Fan page or follow us on Twitter!
- Site performance: LiveJournal has been experiencing intermittent sluggishness over the past week or so. We've already made a number of key changes to the backend (discussed in lj_maintenance). We'll continue to dedicate significant time and resources to improve site performance. We want to thank you, again, for your understanding and support!
April header design contest winner!
Congratulations to snooby, who won our second Header design contest! You're invited to submit entries for the next header contest at remixed now through the end of the month. Submissions should be 900x90 pixels and include a placeholder for the LJ logo and menu. We'll hold a poll in early May to choose the next header, which will appear on the top of LiveJournal from mid-May through mid-June. The winner will receive a $25 gift certificate; finalists will get $10 gift certificates; and all remaining contributors will get $5 gift certificates. Thank you, again, for sharing your talent with the LiveJournal community!
For our featured photo and more fun with Frank & Meme, we'll catch you under the cut!
Photos of the week
Alpha bets on Meme!
After another painful twist, Frank found himself between a doc and a hard place following a suspicious run-in with Dr. Fox's Prius. Nan E. Goat arrived on the scene closely tailed by the stunning, red-headed pomeranian lawyer, Ms. Alpha D. Stein, who offered to represent Meme and Frank. With the ambulance and Dr. Nan waiting, Frank carefully weighed your advice and informed Dr. Nan: "I would like to go to the hospital to get my hooves checked, but I think it would be best if I saw another doctor, given your dubious relationship with Dr. Fox and my conflicting legal interests."
Upon hearing Frank speak with such forceful loyalty, Meme kissed the damp tuft between his horns. The pomeranian clipped over, extending her paw to Meme. "Hold on, sweetheart, I believe you'll be needing this." Alpha handed Meme a business card. "I'll wait here while they tow your car. Just remember to get copies of all of your medical records." Meme accepted the card and climbed inside the ambulance to wait for Frank.
Anxious and famished, Frank reached inside his back pocket for a slice of smoked dungarees. "Drop your pants now!" Dr. Nan ordered him. "You can't eat if you might need surgery. Then again, what do I care? I can't believe you'd hire that ambulance-chasing bit ..., I mean, female dog, after everything we've been through together!"
"What did you call me?" Alpha yapped. "Go LJ-cut yourself!" She barked at Dr. Nan, who stomped off in a huff.
"Oh no," Frank confronted Alpha, "please don't tell me that you know Dr. Nan too! You don't, ... do you?"
"Know her ... that's an understatement," she sneered. "We actually knew each other in the biblical sense until she took up with that sneaky fox. I can assure you that nothing would make me happier than to see that you win your day in court!"
The paramedics placed Frank on a stretcher and hoisted him into the vehicle. Dr. Nan swished over and got into Dr. Fox's Prius, which had suffered a broken headlight and dented bumper from the collision. Frank would like to know if Alpha's prior relationship with Dr. Nan should disqualify her as a potential attorney. Let him know what you think, and he'll shoot you over a rocket for your out-of-this-world guidance!
Thanks for spending some time with us. We look forward to seeing you next week!