Creative contests, Gulf_Aid_Now, Free vgifts for Paid users

We've got lots of creative contests this week, including our monthly header design poll! All the excitement has left Frank and Meme famished, so they packed up a picnic of grilled pants nachos and fried wire rings with organic grass pesto, and they hoofed it to the nearest park. Sadly, something disagreed with poor Frank's delicate constitution (which he blames entirely on the organic basil). While Meme waits for him to return from the woods, she's hoping you'll regale her with tails tales of your worst food poisoning experience. Spill it, and Frank'll send you a scrumptious basket to refuel.

Important stuff to know

  • Gulf_Aid_Now: Congratulations to our friends at gulf_aid_now, who have raised over $4,700 to support clean-up efforts in the Gulf of Mexico. We're delighted to report that our Gulf Aid charitable vgift has raised an additional $500. Thank you for helping us make a positive difference!
  • Remixed Rickshaw design contest: Congratulations to sissaphus, who submitted the winning entry for the Rickshaw ad design contest. We were all blown away by the brilliant submissions. Rickshaw had a really tough time choosing finalists! Thanks, again, to all participants. We'll be sending out those LJ Tokens shortly. In the meantime, you can check out the winning entry here.
  • Header design contest: We've got another stellar batch of header designs for your viewing and voting pleasure. Please choose one finalist from each group. We'll keep the polls open until Monday, August 16th, 3PM, PDT. Just a reminder that we accept a maximum of two entries per user. You can check out all the fantastic submissions in remixed. P.S. We reposted the Group Four poll to include a missing entry. So, you might need to vote again.
  • Orbit vgift contest: There's still time to ply your design skills in the Orbit vgift contest. In addition to winning prizes and LJ Tokens, all users will get to send the final vgift to mutual friends. You can learn more about it here.

A joy ride for our paid users!

If you have a paid or permanent account, you can send five free dune buggies now until Monday, August 9th, at 4pm, PDT! You'll see both the free and the $0.99 beach buggies displayed until they've zipped off to your friends. Please send only one at a time. In other words, you'll need to complete check-out and start a new order for each car you send. If you're not receiving vgifts (from friends and/or Frank), you may have disabled them. To enable vgifts, visit Edit profile (under Profile), scroll down to the bottom of the page, and check your settings. Happy riding!

For our featured photo and more fun with Frank & Meme (as told by LJ writers), we'll catch you under the cut! Read more...Collapse )
Tags: frank & meme, free vgifts for paid users, gulf_aid_now, header design contest, photophile