Blurb is extending another exclusive 20% discount to LiveJournal users, good toward the purchase of any books on Blurb until October 31st, 2010 (11:59pm, PDT). For those of you who participated in Blurb's annual photography contest (which LiveJournal helped sponsor), you can view the anthology of winning photos here.
To redeem your discount, please use the following codes at checkout:
- FALLBLOGBOOK (USD code), for a maximum discount of $40.00
- FALLBLOGBOOK1 (EUR code), for a maximum discount of 32.00
- FALLBLOGBOOK2 (GBP code), for a maximum discount of £22.00
- FALLBLOGBOOK3 (CAD code), for a maximum discount of $42.00
- FALLBLOGBOOK4 (AUD code), for a maximum discount of $51.00
Free pups for our paid users!
||If you have a paid or permanent account, you can send five free puppies now through Monday, October 11th, at 4pm, PDT! You'll see both the free and the $0.99 K9s displayed until they've romped off to your friends. Please send only one at a time. In other words, you'll need to complete check-out and start a new order for each puppy you send. If you're not receiving vgifts (from friends and/or Frank), you may have disabled them. To enable vgifts, visit Edit profile (under Profile), scroll down to the bottom of the page, and check your settings. On behalf of Frank, we wish you and your puppies happy trails!|
Did you know ...?
|This week we're talking about Notes, an internal comment of up to 200 plain-text characters that you can write about another user or community that only you can see. You can create notes to keep track of nicknames, important dates, or other information that you want to remember. Keep in mind that the total text size of all of your notes cannot exceed 64 kilobytes. For additional information, please see this FAQ. Notes are only available to Paid users.
If you'd like to add or edit, here's what you do:
- Hover over the userhead of any user or community and select 'Add Note'; You can also choose the 'Add Note' option from the menu of any user or community profile page (in the upper right column of links).
- You can also add Notes when you friend, ban, or unban a user or a group of users (you'll have the option to set the same note for all).
- You can add, edit, and delete Notes for your Friends on the Add or Remove Friends page, and for any user on the Manage Notes page.
- You can also edit Notes by selecting 'Edit note' from the userhead hover menu for any user or community for whom you've added a Note.
If you've created a note for a user or community, you will see an asterisk (*) after the linked LJ username. You can view your private notes in any of the following places:
- Below the username in the Hover Menu
- After the username of a comment poster on a comment page
- On the user's profile, immediately after their username
- On the Add or Remove Friends page
- On the Ban and Unban Users page
- On the Manage Notes page
Want us to write about your favorite feature? Just let us know in comments below!
For photos and fun with Frank and Meme, we'll catch you under the cut.
Photos of the week
Congrats to ropo, who won our 39th lj_photophile poll! Click here to vote for the next photo of the week. FYI: We pick entries for the polls based on a combination of comments, +1 ratings, and staff input. Winners of both polls receive 500 LJ tokens. We thank you for sharing your talent with the global LiveJournal community.
Frank & Meme's Excellent Adventure
Frank and Meme are waiting for you to guide their future path. Please submit your entries to frankandmeme! We'll choose the next official chapter based on comments and +1 ratings. The winner author will receive 1,000 LJ Tokens. Other contributors will get 500 LJ Tokens. Frank will send a little something to anyone who comments. Thanks, again, for keep the drama alive!
Thanks, again, for joining us. We'll see you next week!