Congratulations to vampirebites13, who won our first holiday vgift contest! As a special holiday treat, all LiveJournal users can send up to five plates of cookies to mutual friends and communities up through Monday, December 13th, at 4pm, PST. FYI: If you're not receiving vgifts, you may have disabled them. To enable vgifts, visit Edit profile (under Profile), scroll down to the bottom of the page, and check your settings. Bon appetit!
iPhone/iPad App Upgrade
|The new LiveJournal App for iPhone/iPad v.0.6.2 is now available in the App Store! Here are some of the key enhancements:
- Adapted for the iPad with a full-screen interface display
- Ability to view in horizontal mode
- Adapted for the iPhone 4 with a high-resolution retina display
- Improved Filter Friends page
- View links to other sites with the built-in browser
- Spell-check and auto-correct for posts, comments, and messages
- Text-formatting improvements, including bold, italics, underline, and strikeout
- Improved performance, content mapping and rendering
- Multiple bug fixes
Did you know ...?
For our featured photo and more fun with Frank and Meme, we'll catch you under the cut!
This week, we want to tell you how you can choose a separate default userpic and security setting for posting via email. Choosing a userpic of a car or open road, for example, is a great way to let your friends know at a glance when you're posting on the go. You can also choose a more restricted security level for emailed entries. So if you happen to post a lot of photos via email, you can set your email post security level to Friends Only, regardless of your Journal's privacy setting.
To update your post-by-email settings, here's what you do:
For more information on posting by email, check out this FAQ. We'll be back next week with another fun tip!
- Visit the Mobile Post Setting page
- Enter your mobile email address in the Allowed Sender field (if you don't know it, try sending a text message from your phone to your
personal email; Your mobile email address will appear in the From field)
- Choose a pin (this should be different from your LiveJournal password)
- Pick a default userpic for your email posts
- Select a default security setting for your email posts
- Choose your default image settings (such as size and layout)
- Remember to click Save Settings when you're done.
Photos of the week
Congrats to baddy_booy, who won our 47th lj_photophile poll!! Click here to help choose the next photo of the week.
We also invite you to vote on our next themed contest on the subject of Helpless. FYI: We pick entries for the polls based on a combination of comments, +1 ratings, and staff input. Winners of both polls receive 500 LJ tokens. We thank you for sharing your talent with the global LiveJournal community.
Frank and Meme's Excellent Adventure
|The results are in! Congratulations to dancemedleyx, whose entry--Out of the frying pan and into the fire?--was voted the next official chapter in the Frank and Meme saga. We'll now begin accepting entries for the next fanfic contest at frankandmeme. The winning author is awarded 1,000 LJ Tokens. All other writers receive 500 LJ Tokens. On behalf of our happy honeymooners, we thank you for keeping the drama alive!|
Thanks, again, for joining us. We'll see you next week!