LiveJournal is now accepting payments in Bitcoin!

We have partnered with Coinbase to provide instant and secure payment via Bitcoin to our users! Shop with Bitcoin now and, for a limited time, receive FREE userpics or storage space with any Paid account purchase!

How does it work?

1. Go to the LJ Shop, select any Paid account subscription and add one free gift: 70 more userpics OR an additional 10 GB of storage space. Please note, if you add both 70 more userpics and an additional 10GB of storage space to your cart, only the 70 more userpics will be free.

Bitcoin

2. Select "Bitcoin" as your payment method, and click "Checkout". Click on the "Pay with Bitcoin" button. From here, you can choose to pay directly from your Bitcoin wallet by using the generated payment address or by scanning the QR code with your smartphone. Or, if you have a Coinbase account, you can log in and send payment directly.

You can also create your Bitcoin wallet in minutes at https://www.coinbase.com/signup.

Bitcoin FAQsCollapse )
New Feature: delete all comments from a user

Unrelated to our Bitcoin announcement, we also wanted to announce that it is now possible to quickly delete all comments from a specific user in your journal or community.

You can do this by going to the Admin Console and running the command:

delete_comments exampleusername (replacing exampleusername with the username of the person whose comments you would like to delete.)

If you are a community owner or maintainer and want to delete comments from a specific user in your community, the command would be:

delete_comments exampleusername from communityname (again replacing both exampleusername and communityname with the appropriate usernames).
Subscribe

  • View Pictures, Reacts, and Quotations — New Features of LJ

    Dear Friends, Friday is a good time for some great news — in fact, we have three of them! From now on you can view big-size photos closer, put the…

  • LiveJournal: Important Updates

    Control of LiveJournal as a blogging platform has been transferred to SUP Media LLC, a legal entity based in the Russian Federation. This decision…

  • June 12th News

    Announcing the New LiveJournal Team We're excited to announce that our new General Manager Matt Berardo has arrived at our San Francisco office, his…