With all our hearts

At long last, we're pleased to announce a new feature. Now, in journal and community entries, there's a button you can click to show the author you liked their entry.
I like this entry.png
We aim to make feedback to authors easier and quicker, as users don’t always have time to come up with a long comment, while short ones (like “+1” or ”cool photo”) often make us feel awkward. Yet it’s so important that authors receive feedback from their readers! Pressing the heart button is simple - it's like waving your hand to a friend, saying "Hi there, I read you!", or writing "Great post, thanks". This can often be the motivation for our favorite authors to write more.

A few words about new settings and options:

We are anxious and excited to hear your opinion about this new feature:) We hope you like it, but don’t hesitate to tell us what you don’t like or inform us of any problems you come across. We truly appreciate your feedback. So click the heart! :)

Tags: feedback

So much crying.
I actually have no problem with this - apart from not being able to work out how to actually 'like' something - where is the new 'like' heart to be found?
Don't like one bit, thankfully I don't have to see it since I will never change to the new friends page.

If I wanted a facebook like/love button, I would have a facebook account.

I like getting comments and making them.

I am a blind user and use a screen reader to read web content. In your post, the "Like" graphic was kinda-sorta labeled with a filename as, "I like this entry.png" However, when I reached the bottom of the post, the only graphic I could find appeared to be labeled with a number sign, "#"

Leaving aside the debate of whether or not the Like button is a good feature, it would be nice if you could do all users the courtesy of ensuring that proposed new features are accessible. The mish-mash of styles you currently employ on pages across the site is already frustrating enough--for example, sometimes headings that provide semantic meaning are present, sometimes there are no headings at all.

Dan
Why?
Likes are not feedback, period.
Hi guys,
Is it possible to do something about this?
With your new improvement I am not able to read LJ.

Hello
Please indicate, Opera browser version, and the version of the android

_glav_

1 year ago

prophet08

1 year ago

_glav_

1 year ago

Add me to the 'do not wants' please! Can we opt out of this facebookization? I deleted my facebook. I don't want to go back to 'likes'. What's next? Deciding what we see in our feeds by on some algorithm that becomes are great decider? One of the great things about LJ is the ability to actually converse with people. Another would be where we have control over what is in our feeds, customization, etc.

I don't want a like button, and I hope someone figures out how to turn it off. I want feedback that is FEEDBACK. +1 or cool photo is more feedback than a 'like' button. People will just start mindlessly hitting the like button automatically as on FB.
Well, I don't like this entry.

Your own example shows why this is a stupid idea. How a like can be the answer to those question. Imagine it in a real conversation. Some asking: " Was the experience of going through an airport and flying what you expected to be?..." And his interlocutor replies: "Like". Wouldnt you think he is stupid or out of his mind?

I think the best option would be to make it optional for each entry. If someone post a simple photo the like wouldn't be so bad. But if in the entry people are asking about our opinion or some feedback it seems kind of useless.
I do not see any notifications related to likes in the account settings page. I use flexible squares, so I don't see the like button and am not able to use it, however the option to receive notification of likes is separate to display settings and it should be there. There is a 'vacant promo slot' that has no ticks and which i dont remember, but some of my friends found out about this by receiving notifications and so i assume that isnt it as it is not ticked.

I do not like the choice of heart either.
When does the name-change to "Facebook" happen?
This. Seriously.

nucleosides

1 year ago

Where do I go to turn this 'feature' off??
If I wanted to be on Facebook, I would go to Facebook.
PLEASE stop trying to copy them because it's so not worth it. Livejournal has always been better then Facebook, don't ruin it now. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm on Facebook only because family members and close friends are, and I don't even want to be there.

(Facebook got into a kerfluffle with me over me not using my real name there for awhile because of the DV thing, even though I had written proof of everything.)

thespian15

1 year ago

FINALLY!!!!

hippasaurus

November 2 2016, 03:58:31 UTC 1 year ago Edited:  November 2 2016, 04:03:20 UTC