Important stuff to know:
- Billing issue: We understand that orders are not being credited properly. We're currently investigating the issue and hope to have it fixed as soon as possible.
- Server Time-out: As part of our continuing efforts to improve site performance, our mighty ops guys will be performing database server maintenance in the key of E on Friday, April 30th, starting at 9PM, PDT, which will last from 30 minutes to an hour. We strongly encourage you to make the most of this downtime by sharing a special moment with your pets.
- New Header: We hope you love our new header as much as we do! Thanks, again, to snooby for contributing the winning design!
- Unite to fight spam: We want to thank you for helping us win the ongoing battle against spam. We hope you'll continue to check the report spam box whenever you delete spam entries/comments in your journals and communities! In addition, we recommend that you screen non-friend comments that contain links in your journal or communities. To update your settings, click on the Privacy Tab in your Account Settings, scroll down to Comment Screening, and choose 'Comments from non-friends with links' from the drop-down menu. You may also want to use the Anti-spam field on the same page to show a CAPTCHA to all non-friends who comment. If you're a community maintainer, you can alter these settings by selecting your community name in the 'Work as user' drop-down on that page and clicking Switch.
- Be a Beta tester: In order to make our features more intuitive, we're hoping to expand our amazing group of beta testers. We're looking for around 20 additional users to help us test upcoming features. Your feedback will provide invaluable insights that will benefit all LiveJournal users! You don't have to be an experienced user to participate. In fact, we're especially eager to welcome newer users who are not particularly technical. If you'd like to throw your name in the hat, please tell us a little about yourself in lj_releases at this post, i.e., how long you've been using LiveJournal, whether you consider yourself tech-savvy, tech-competent, or tech-phobic, and anything else you'd like us to know (e.g., whether you're a social media junkie or a casual user, etc.). We'll then invite 20 users to join our beta-testing group. We want to thank you, in advance, for helping us make LiveJournal even better!
Blurb discount for LiveJournal users!
|In recognition of all the creative talent on LiveJournal, Blurb is extending LiveJournal users around the world a special 20 percent discount, which covers both self-publishing and book orders (worth up to $200 in savings). And, while you're in the neighborhood, be sure to stop by and visit our amazing anthology: LiveJournal: The First Decade. If you've already received a copy, we hope you'll post a comment and spread the good word!|
For our featured photo and more fun with Frank & Meme, we'll catch you under the cut! ( Collapse )
Thanks, again, for joining us. We'll see you next week!