|Hearing about your hobbies last week made Frank appreciate just how passionate LiveJournal users are! Given how many of you chose reading as your pastime, Frank is hoping you'll tell him about your favorite novel or non-fiction book. Tell him the title (Frank is looking for recommendations) and choose a userpic that illustrates a key theme, and Frank'll send you an epic tome to add to your home library. |
Calling all ghoulies, ghosties, and gothy vampires
|In response to user requests, we've added limited-time Halloween-themed userheads to the gift shop so you can trick or treat in true LiveJournal fashion. These userheads will mysteriously vanish from the shop during the first week of November (although once you buy one, it's yours to keep for a full year), so be sure to get yours today!|
Help us fight the war on hate
|In recognition of the need to invoke a zero tolerance policy against anti-LGBT bullying in schools, we're pleased to offer a charitable vgift. We'll be contributing 100% of proceeds (we'll cover payment processing fees) to Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network, an organization dedicated to ending hate-based bullying and homophobia in schools. We hope you'll join us in supporting this vital mission. If you're getting involved today, or everyday, in the fight for LGBT rights and awareness, we'd love to hear about it in comments!|
Support breast cancer awareness
|In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month, we've added a pink ribbon vgift to support Pink Ribbon International, an organization that promotes global awareness of breast cancer; funds scientific research on cures and treatment; and provides information, resources, and guidance to breast cancer patients, caregivers, friends, and family. We'll donate 100% of proceeds from the sale of this vgift to benefit this cause (we'll cover payment processing fees). We thank you for helping us make a positive difference.|
Did you know ...?
This week, we're talking about how to filter and view Friends pages to discover new journals and communities. To view public entries on the Friends page of a community or someone else's journal, simply append "/friends" to the URL (i.e., http://frank.livejournal.com/friends or http://community.livejournal.com/lj_photophile/friends).
If you'd like to filter recent entries on your own or another Friends page, here's what you do:
- To view only personal journals, append the Friends Page URL with "?show=p" (i.e., http://frank.livejournal.com/friends/?show=p)
- To view only communities, append the Friends page URL with "?show=c" (i.e., http://frank.livejournal.com/friends/?show=c)
- To view only syndicated feeds, append the Friends page URL with "?show=y" (i.e., http://frank.livejournal.com/friends/?show=y)
- To view a combination of journal and community entries (while filtering out entries from feeds), append the Friends page URL with "?show=pc" (i.e., http://frank.livejournal.com/friends/?show=pc)
- If you're using the navigation strip, you'll be able to select these options or any of your custom filters directly from the Filter dropdown when viewing your own Friends page. (The Filter dropdown is only visible on your own Friends page, not anyone else's.)
Paid and permanent users can also view recent public entries from friends of friends, by clicking the 'Friends of Friends' link under the Friends tab in the upper nav bar. For additional information, check out this FAQ. We'll be back next week with another fun tip!
Hot rods for our paid users!
||If you have a paid or permanent account, you can send five free hot rods now until Monday, October 25th, at 4pm, PDT! You'll see both the free and the $0.99 cars displayed until they've vroomed off to your friends. If you're not receiving vgifts (from friends and/or Frank), you may have disabled them. To enable vgifts, visit Edit profile (under Profile), scroll down to the bottom of the page, and check your settings. We wish you happy travels!|
For our featured photo and more fun with Frank & Meme (as told by LJ writers), we'll catch you under the cut! ( Collapse )
Thanks, again, for joining us. We'll see you next week!