Welcome back to another edition of the news. Before we get into recent news, we've got a quick update regarding the schedule of news posts. We'll be moving away from weekly updates from here on out. Expect to see news posts about twice a month, as system updates are implemented or vital information comes to light. With that being said, let's dig into some news!
Important stuff to knowFeatures and changes
- Follow entry tag-specific content from journals and communities - You can now have your friends page display content from journals and communities based on tags! You can set options to either show only entries with specified tags, or to exclude only entries with specified tags. You'll be presented with these options when you add a friend or begin watching a community. Also, you can modify your settings for any journal or community you follow from the Edit Friends page under the "selected Tags" column.
- Google Identity accounts - You can now use your Google account to identify yourself on LiveJournal. Google Identity accounts will appear with this custom userhead: and will behave in the same way as other identity accounts.
- Addition to the LiveJournal mobile Devices page - There is now an Android tab on our mobile Devices page.
- 'Share' button improvements - The 'Share' button in the navigation strip now only appears on public entries.
- Comment thread expander - Earlier issues with the comment thread expander have been fixed.
LiveJournal iPad/iPhone app updates
||We're pleased to announce version updates for our iPad and iPhone apps! In this update, we've improved the application by by improving existing functionality and adding a couple new features. Changes in the new version include:|
- Full commenting support
- An improved entry loading interface
- Russian localization
- Japanese and Russian language support
Feedback and suggestions are always welcome. Let us know how you like the app.
What's the scoop?
||If you have a Paid or Permanent account you can send five free servings of ice cream now until Monday, June 13th, at 4pm, PDT! You'll see both the free and the $0.99 gifts displayed until you've sent them to your friends. If you're not receiving vgifts (from friends and/or Frank), you may have disabled them. To enable vgifts, visit Edit profile (under Profile), scroll down to the bottom of the page, and check your settings. Make sure the box beside 'Disable sponsored only' is NOT checked! Happy snacking!|
Header design contest
|Submissions for July's header contest will be accepted through Monday, June 20th. The finalist poll will go live the following day, Tuesday, June 21st. Another important item to note: after July, the header contests will no longer be a monthly occurrence but will instead run a few times a year. Stay tuned to the news for updates on the next header theme contest!|
For more fun with Photophile and LJ_Scribe, we'll catch you under the cut! ( Collapse )
Thanks for stopping by. See you next time!