Spam -- not from LiveJournal

I've been getting an increasing amount of spam that says it's from livejournal.com. I just wanted to reassure everybody that 1) we're not sending this spam, and 2) it's not even going through our mail servers.

The spammers are using other people's open relays and just forging their return address to be the same as whoeever they're spamming, it seems. I checked the return address to see if the user even existed on livejournal, and it doesn't.

There's really nothing we can do to prevent this. The whole internet mail system sucks, basically. Anybody can forge anything.
Subscribe

  • Facebook posts import

    We have some good news! You are now able to import your public Facebook entries to LiveJournal automatically. You can make posts on both platforms…

  • Embedded posts from LiveJournal

    We're pleased to tell you that now you can embed entries from LiveJournal to your posts on other sites. To embed post from…

  • New post editor

    We're excited to announce our new post editor. Some of you might have noticed the link to it at the new post page. It isn't visible to everyone…