Status, and future ideas

The last few days I've just been cleaning up the existing LiveJournal code and preparing to port the code from Unix/Apache/MySQL to WinNT/IIS/MS-SQL. No, no ... I won't move LiveJournal to Windows, but another company that wants to license the code runs on Windows, so I thought it'd be a good idea to make the code portable, in any case.

Now for some fun news... I just emailed this to evan and he agrees it'd be fun....

1) give paid users email aliases @livejournal.com .....
2) setup cool crap like reply-talkid-uid-authcode@post.livejournal.com to reply to comment #talkid from user #uid authorized against a authcode.
3) setup posting like username-password@post.livejournal.com to post to LJ (some people have requested this to make it easier to post from cell phones....)

Subscribe

  • Notes on our new comment system

    Thanks to all of you for providing your feedback and voicing your concerns about LiveJournal's new comment system. Please understand that we…

  • Update on Release 88

    Thank you for your continued feedback about our latest release. Today, we have some small updates to share with you: A patch has been released…

  • Release 88, Paid time extension

    December 21st, 2011 - Happy December Holidays and welcome to the official LiveJournal newsletter! Bringing you system updates, community…