LiveJournal turns 4!

By my clock, it's now March 18th.... LiveJournal's birthday!

Four years ago today I made the first post into the system, thinking I'd just use it myself and let a few friends use it too. Now we have 932,081 accounts, 425,901 of which are active. Incredible! Thanks, everybody.... it's the users that make this place fun.

In celebration of LJ's birthday we'll be announcing some cool stuff throughout the day, so make sure you keep reading the news.

For now, I'm going to go update the Frank the Goat image on the main page with a cool birthday version that justgoto made. (hover your mouse over it to get the full effect!)

Anyway, stay tuned.... :-)
Subscribe

  • Notes on our new comment system

    Thanks to all of you for providing your feedback and voicing your concerns about LiveJournal's new comment system. Please understand that we…

  • Update on Release 88

    Thank you for your continued feedback about our latest release. Today, we have some small updates to share with you: A patch has been released…

  • Release 88, Paid time extension

    December 21st, 2011 - Happy December Holidays and welcome to the official LiveJournal newsletter! Bringing you system updates, community…