Jesse Proulx (jproulx) wrote in news,
Jesse Proulx
jproulx

Password Scam

We've received reports of yet another password scheme making the rounds. This one looks like an e-mail from LiveJournal, telling you that your password has been changed and offering you a link to log on. However, the link leads to a site that's trying to spoof LiveJournal with a similar-looking domain name.

We do not change users' passwords for them, nor do we ever ask for your password through e-mail. If you receive this e-mail, do not follow the link.

Please always double-check the link in the address bar of your browser before logging into LiveJournal and make sure that you are visiting livejournal.com.