Krissy (ljkrissy) wrote in news,
Krissy
ljkrissy

November News Wrap-Up

It's beginning to look a lot like winter, though you'd never be able to tell by the weather here in San Francisco. We're coming up on the holiday season, so veroz has decorated the site in festive finery. Whichever holiday you're celebrating, we hope you have a good one!

We have a few things to celebrate this season, as we’ve added some members to the LiveJournal staff. crucially joins us as Engineering Manager and jtrevino and henrylyne join us as Software Engineers. We're happy to have them, so please help us give them a warm welcome! And we're extremely sad to bid a fond farewell to mahlon, who is leaving to pursue other opportunities. Since he worked here for over two years, he worked on a little bit of everything, with a focus on mobile posting, captcha sessions, challenge/response logins, gizmo voice posting integration, ScrapBook and more. We wish him the very best of luck and thank him for all his amazing contributions to the site. We'll miss you, Mahlon!

We've Arrived
After weeks of planning, careful preparation, and at least one night when nearly the entire team stayed up until dawn, we're proud to announce that our data center was successfully moved from Seattle to San Francisco. Although our entire team was involved in one way or another, special thanks go out to lisa, matthew and marksmith for sacrificing their sleep in order to keep everything moving smoothly. There have been a few glitches, which we're still working on clearing up, but overall the move was a huge success.

Password Changes
In order to make sure your data and journals are extra safe, we're tightening up our password security. This means that many of you will be prompted in the coming weeks to change your password. We know this is a pain in the neck, but improving our password guidelines will make the entire site safer. Please see the password FAQ for our full guidelines.

The Goat Returns
Frank the Goat is journaling again! And we've made him promise that he's going to remember to update his journal more often. If you'd like to read about the life and times of our mascot, just add frank to your Friends list.

Stay tuned to news. We've got more exciting announcements coming for you in December!